Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I recently posted about the youngest chick in this clutch and was kind of surprised by what it was as i really wasn't expecting it. Now I'm kind of doubting I have the others right so was wondering if anyone might be able to let me know what they think they are. (I did post about them in my last topic but thought i would post a new one here so the pics are on the 1st post)

This is the chick I posted about originally which i have now been told is a Sky Blue Opaline Clearwing - which like i said i never expected lol

So now I'm not sure if these are what I thought they were Here is the oldest chick which i thought was just a sky blue spangle

And the middle chick - sorry couldn't get a better pic than this the camera freaks him/her out

Here are the parents - mum is the spangle.

Thanks for any help this is really confusing me as i have never had chicks like this before

·
Registered
428 Posts
The oldest looks like a clearwing spangle sky blue.

The middle chick looks like a clearwing sky blue.

The hen looks like a opaline spangle sky blue and the **** looks like a normal cobalt. At least one is carrying a clearwing gene, the other a clearwing or dilute gene. Not all their babies will be clearwing.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The oldest chick is a spangle cobalt male
The middle chick appears to be a clearwing sky blue

Your hen is a spangle skyblue (not opaline) and she must be split for clearwing (or dilute)

The **** is a normal cobalt and he must be split for opaline and clearwing (or dilute)

You can expect about 25% clearwing from this pair

·
Registered
428 Posts
No I suppose the hen isn't opaline. She has a little color on her wings, but I guess it's not really enough to be opaline.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.