Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im starting to get mixed up when it comes to clearflighted birds. Can anyone here help me clear it up when it is nessassary to call a budgie a clear flight or a dom.pied.
thanks!

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
well ive always thought that clearflight pieds dont have a coloured band across the belly and if it happens to have one is is small and highter up on the body..also the flights are clear.

and dominant pied have semi-clear wings and a large coloured band across the body

dom.pied

C.F.pied

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So if the bird has the dom. pied band ( which i knew of ;) ) it means it is a dom. if there is no band it is a cf

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
i think so lol
but ive heard that somtimes a cf.pied will have a band..and if it does it is rather small and qhiue high up on the belly i think;)

i think Blue is a cf.pied with a small band..

but i think 9/10 times a cf.pied will not have a band....once again i think :p

·
Eternal Love
11,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hha okay.
cause i always calssified a cf when the bird had the
yellow or white flight feathers with the yellow or white tail.
hopefully Nev or someone will help clear this up

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Clearflight pieds dont have any bands as far as i know. The main distinction is that the clear feathers are usually limited to the flight feathers - very rarely does it extend to the rest of the wing and even then only marginally. Dominant pieds have clearflight feathers and clear wing feathers to varying degrees, sometimes almost the whole wing is clear. Some dominant pieds only have some patchyness on the belly instead of a band, but they are definately dominant pieds although one might mistake their lack of a clear band to mean they are clearflights with patches but they are not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.