Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone every converted a guillotine style cage door to one that opens? I can do it pretty easily with my current cage, my only concern is how to properly secure it to keep it closed. My birds aren't escape artists, but I would like something more than a clothes peg holding their door closed.

·
Super Moderator
18,458 Posts
Tiny stainless steel quick links work well for shutting doors! :D That's great that you were able to convert them, well done ;)

We'd love to see pics if you have them!

·
Exceptional Service Award August 2017
1,096 Posts
Hmmm, not quite sure what you have in mind but I have a set of these:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XXZL...&pd_rd_r=5557b64d-8123-11e8-9d43-5169ffada23c
...that I use to clip veggies and to clip doors open. The orange ends can easily be removed and they still work fine, so if you have a black cage then they might look less obtrusive than a normal clothes peg.
You could also secure it with a steel quick link (hanging toy fastener), but it would take a bit longer fastening/unfastening the screw.
I'm sure there must be a perfect little thing to do the job somewhere - maybe have a look around a large DIY store, just remember about safe/unsafe metals.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.