Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday while I had Luigi out for playtime, I noticed he was in a chatty mood so I decided to record a couple of videos. He will be 9 months old this Saturday.

His first word was his name in Portuguese which is "Luizinho", he started to work on it when he was close to turning 2 months old. A bit later, he started to mimic to my amazement the words I taught my Leonel. He also says the "Durka durr" line from South Park, "Louie", "Lulu" which he made up by himself, "Luizinho pequenino". Pequenino translated to English is little. "Olá" which means hello. "Olá pequenino", meaning hello little fellow.
He says the words so well, you can even learn to perfectly pronounce these words in Portuguese.

I never did training sessions with Luigi, he mainly learnt when I spoke close to him on a daily basis (no extensive repetition at all) and from listening to my other talker Leonel. He is integrated in a flock of 13 birds and even though is currently caged alone, his cage is close to the other 6 budgies, still he is by far my best talker bird.
He has also learnt how to bark from my dog Elvis.

Here's the first video
Copycat Luigi (1) - YouTube

The second video you can see him barking and also some lovebird chirping that I'm sure the lovebird owners know quite well!
Copycat Luigi (2) - YouTube

And here is a bonus pic that I also took yesterday.

·
Member of the Month Sept 2014
1,287 Posts
Thanks for posting the videos of little Luigi aluz, I really enjoyed watching them both, his talking is so clear and his dog barking is really comical and he's only 9 months old, just imagine how much more he is going to pick up, he's gorgeous !!

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh my goodness!! Luigi is just such a cute little character!!!

I love the dog barking and lovebird sounds the best.

I just love his antics all round. He is really something :)
Thanks for watching, Madonna! Luigi is a very happy boy. :)

Thanks for posting the videos of little Luigi aluz, I really enjoyed watching them both, his talking is so clear and his dog barking is really comical and he's only 9 months old, just imagine how much more he is going to pick up, he's gorgeous !!
Thanks, Pete! We will see if his vocabulary increases or not, for now I'm quite proud and content with his repertoire. He is just a few days from turning 9 months old, not quite there yet. ;)

Louigi is just adorable! He looks so happy and relaxed. Thanks for sharing Aluz! :)
Thanks, Wendy! It's my pleasure to share the videos, Luigi's joyful personality and sweetness are quite evident. He loves to talk to my finger and I play with him to make him sing a bit more. :)

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a sweetie Luigi is!!!

I love his chattering and him saying Pequenino so clearly as well as the barking is too cute.
Thanks, Nick! "Luizinho" and "Pequenino are his favourite words to say and of course in between his speaking/singing I also love the few barking sounds.
My heart melted in the beginning of the first video when he says "Lulu", he sounds just like a baby boy! :)

Wow! Your Louigi is gorgeous and so talented. All those words in such a short time span and he's adorable. The barking is incredible.
Thank you so much for the compliments, Sande! When Luigi is on a roll the words just pour out of him, I don't mind how repetitive he is, not at all! :D

He is absolutely perfect :), such a sweet little boy!!! GREAT JOB getting him to talk!!!
Thanks, Kimberly! :) I hardly did a thing to make him talk like that, it was effortless because there were no real training sessions, I just talked to him normally. Luigi naturally taught himself from hearing my other talker budgie Leonel. It also was a surprise to me how fast he learnt to mimic all the chirps my lovebirds make, not to mention the dog's barks.

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh my gosh, what an adorable little stinker Luigi is! :giggle:
Thanks for watching, Lindsey! Luigi is currently my youngest budgie and the last chick I have kept from my now retired pair. He is a total sweetheart and I'm very blessed to have him. :)

Reactions: SPBudgie

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How awesome are those videos??? I don't think I would have believed it possible if I hadn't heard it.. the barking is the best!!:)
Thank you so much, Judy! :D I'm glad you are able to recognise the barking! Maybe with more time and practice, Luigi will perfect his barks a bit more but I can tell you they already are quite similar to my dog Elvis who doesn't even know he taught Luigi the skill.

He is far too cute for his own good :) Great video!
Thanks, Allie! He's quite the funny fellow and a total sweetheart too! ;)

He is so sweet!! I just watched the videos and I'm smiling- you made my day! :) I loved him telling "Lulu"!
Thanks, Despina! It's good to know the videos made you smile and I have to agree with you, Luigi's way of saying "Lulu" is the cutest thing ever! :)

·
Budgetarian Award Recipient November 2014
871 Posts
Luigi is just so adorable and gorgeous. I was smiling throughout the video. The barking sound made me want to give him a massive cuddle. And the way he says "Lulu". Awwww bless the little one.

Post more videos. Love love love Luigi.

And it is so cute the way Luigi keeps on Jumping towards the camera.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I love Luigi so much!! What a clever little guy. :)

Reactions: aluz

·
21,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Luigi is just so adorable and gorgeous. I was smiling throughout the video. The barking sound made me want to give him a massive cuddle. And the way he says "Lulu". Awwww bless the little one.

Post more videos. Love love love Luigi.

And it is so cute the way Luigi keeps on Jumping towards the camera.
Thanks, Juhi! Luigi is a very energetic boy and he loves to go for the camera or even fly to the top of my head while I'm trying to record a video of him.
I will be sure to post more videos if he manages to say something funny or some new words. :)

Fell Completely in love with Luigi, the oh-so-adorable heart stealer! :love: :bowdown:
Thanks, Ollie! Luigi is for sure a very special boy and his joyful disposition is very contagious. :)

Ahhh, I FINALLY managed to log in long enough today to enjoy Luigi's videos!! He is so adorable and I love it when he "barks" like Elvis. :laughing: Such a charming little guy is bound to steal lots of hearts. :love:
Thanks, Deb and it's true that we all love Luigi very much. It's like he is my Tito reincarnated, his personality is practically the same and Tito also knew how to bark from Elvis, so that's a really nice coincidence. :)

I love Luigi so much!! What a clever little guy. :)
Thanks, Kelly! He sure is very talented because most of the stuff he learnt on his own. ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.