Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this is too early to say, but I think (I hope) this could be my first DF Spangle yellow-based. I have 4 white-based DF Spangles and I think it is time for a yellow one.
Hand Finger Thumb Nail Terrestrial animal

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
What do you think it is? It looks like its going to be all white with yellow wings and head.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, no white there. I think it is going to be a normal green bird.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Because I haven't bred one before I"m not exactly sure how it would look, but I think it should be a solid yellow - and it doesn't look that way. Will post a new pic today.
BTW I'm glad you're back and feeling better!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still hopefull!

After Lindsey's post and looking at the baby again today, I'm still hopeful that might turn out to be a DF Spangle. Here are some pics of today:
Terrestrial plant Fawn Tints and shades Grass Nail

Hand Finger Thumb Terrestrial plant Fish

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
Cool, I thought I was losing it. I saw no signs in the pics of being green. So all the body feathers I thought looked white are coming out yellow? This is exciting. I never saw a baby Df before either and one of the pairs I have in a breeding cage have me hoping for a DF also.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I hope it turns out a DF for you! It sure is a sweet little baby! You guys make me want babies too!! NOT a good idea right now!!! I will just live vicariously through you all. I do wish there was someone in my town that bred them so I could go and "volunteer" my time with "socializing" them. AKA come over and play!

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool, I thought I was losing it. I saw no signs in the pics of being green. So all the body feathers I thought looked white are coming out yellow? This is exciting. I never saw a baby Df before either and one of the pairs I have in a breeding cage have me hoping for a DF also.
Yes, so far it looks all yellow. The thing is I don't have many Green budgies. Hope you'll get your DF as well.
I hope it turns out a DF for you! It sure is a sweet little baby! You guys make me want babies too!! NOT a good idea right now!!! I will just live vicariously through you all. I do wish there was someone in my town that bred them so I could go and "volunteer" my time with "socializing" them. AKA come over and play!
Thank you! Lindsey gave me hope - she not wrong much.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Thanks Dries, I am glad I am feeling better too! :)

I can not see any pigment in any of the pics on the baby... I think it is a DF spangle unless there is a chance it is a combination pied with no markings, ino etc :) I will attach some pics for you to compare with your little one of a 2 week old yellowbased:

View from behind:

Close up of wing:

And tail:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.