Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was gifted this from someone who customized it for her bunnies. Could this be suitable for two budgies?
I would redesign it to become more comfortable of course. With that said if it is possible to turn this sad box into a budgie paradise what are some ways to make it more cozy? I'd like to build them a little budgie playground on the top too.
Grille Mesh Automotive exterior Wood Gas
Wood Rectangle Fixture Gas Composite material

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Possibly.
What are the dimensions?
What kind of wood is it made from?
Is there any paint on the inside?
The wire should probably be replaced if you aren’t 100% of what it’s made from (galvanized wire is usually pretty toxic).

·
Super Moderator
4,329 Posts
I would not use it, it appears to be made from plywood which is made with adhesives that I would not want my birds to chew on. Also as previously noted is the wire, if that is zinc it is toxic and could cause heavy metal poisoning, it looks like the hinges may also be zinc.

·
Administrator
57,216 Posts
The purpose of this forum is to promote the BEST PRACTICES in the care of budgies for their optimal Health and Well-Being

It should definitely NOT be used for budgies.
You have no idea what the wood is and it was assuredly chemically treated.
Additionally, the wire is probably not stainless steel so it would cause zinc or lead toxicity.
To say nothing of the fact the the cabinet is very dark and unwelcoming for a budgie.
You are much better off to purchase a proper flight cage.

·
Super Moderator
18,564 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums!!

You’ve been given great advice above. Additionally, it’s much too low for budgies and has nowhere to affix toys or perches. Although it’s nice to repurpose, in this case it’s much better for your budgies to get them a proper flight cage as mentioned above.

You’ve come to a great place to say updated on the best of budgie care practices! Please be sure to ask if you have any questions after reading through all the links provided as we’d be happy to help.

Hope to see you around!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.