Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a few pics of the foster budgies I currently have... I somewhat settled that the male is a yellowface type 2 sky blue dilute... and the female light green greywing dilute.... but please let me know your thoughts....

thanks for looking ;)

·
Member of the Month
3,206 Posts
VERY BEAUTIFUL!!! I will let someone else confirm mutation. When they deviate from the typicals I am no good. :)

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
here's a few pics of the foster budgies I currently have... I somewhat settled that the male is a yellowface type 2 sky blue dilute... and the female light green greywing dilute.... but please let me know your thoughts....
You have the male's mutation right

Greywing is dominant to dilute and the two mutations can't be visual on the same bird. If your female has another mutation besides dilute it is probably cinnamon. Also her body colour looks more like Type 2 yellow face grey and the yellow has spread making it appear green. Colour shades are always hard to identify on dilutes

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yay!!.. one out of two.. LOL..

the female doesn't looks cinnamon... more greyish than cinnamon.. but her body color is so washed out... that maybe the cinnamon looks that way... could it be that?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Did you notice that I edited my post about the same time as you posted?

Many dilutes have greyish markings and sometimes if cinnamon is present it's hard to see. I don't think she is cinnamon but it is a possibility

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.