Haven’t posted in a while.. Long story short, Mr Rudy has had ongoing issues with an illness and our avian vet could not find a treatment plan to assist him with recovery. 2 years ago he was accidentally poisoned by our pest control guy.. He’s had difficulty holding seed down, droppings we’re whole seed, involuntary regurgitation (not vomiting). Continuous moulting during these times of low which adds added stress to him. He’s been on creon for the seed droppings. Creon: great improvement. Augmentem, Pssitavet and Zithromax. Augmentem: no improvement. Pssitavet: he’s become resistant. Zithromax: some improvement.
Dr has prescribed Zithromax again but now the treatment will be 0.05ml every three days for three weeks. His previous Zithromax experience was only one shot of it down the crop and following Pssitavet at home in drinking water for 2 weeks. We are hopeful that the Zithromax will work and he’s rid of this Cox-eye/Cocci
Has anyone else had any experience with this type of bacteria? I’ve read a little about it and it’s from eating droppings? His cage is cleaned and F10 twice daily (perchs/toys/whole cage) and he’s a free flight bird throughout the house. His spots he likes to hang out are also F10 cleaned. He’s a bit of a germaphobe birdy haha he scares himself when he drops a poop.. He hates it so to even think he would eat his own dropping would be a far cry from his behaviour toward his little rice grains haha
Thanks in advance