Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Mother and Brother just came back yesterday from Philippines and they bought along a coconut. And what i decided to its shell is this. By making a hole in all 4 corners (sorry that one in the center is natural) then I will put a rope and after that fixing it with a carabiner
Do you guys like it? Ill post again when the product is finished

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
778 Posts
That looks great however I'm concerned that this will encourage your bird/birds to breed as it resembles a nice place to nest.

·
Member of the Month January 2016
4,995 Posts
What have you used to clean it to ensure it's safe to go in the cage?
Do you any females that will be using it as I agree with iHeartPieds that this could encourage breeding behaviour. It might be something you keep for out of cage time if you do have a female.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That looks great however I'm concerned that this will encourage your bird/birds to breed as it resembles a nice place to nest.
They're bit afraid to go in or touch. The shell is shallow so I think It won't encourage them to breed and if some signs I see I will get it out asap

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What have you used to clean it to ensure it's safe to go in the cage?
Do you any females that will be using it as I agree with iHeartPieds that this could encourage breeding behaviour. It might be something you keep for out of cage time if you do have a female.
I washed it thoroughly with vinegar but before that I cleaned it with sandpaper so there are no risks with splinters

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.