Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a creamino budgie (nimbus) and she has molted in the past month or so and now her yellow is much more developed than when she was younger and i know that in the past ive been told that the yellow face mutation cant be fully confirmed until she had molted out some more so i thought i would post a new picture of her to see if its identifiable now.
Head Bird Beak Human body Feather

·
Super Moderator
19,576 Posts
She is gorgeous, do you have any photos taken without flash? Also her head and face feathers appear to be dirty, is that the case? The flash can make colors look weird sometimes too, but I can't really tell from the photo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bird Beak Feather Parrot Wood

here is a different image its hard for me to get a good picture of her straight on cuz she thinks cameras are highly suspicious lol. her feathers are a tad dingy because she absolutely detests a bath but her head and cheek areas are very yellow compared to the rest of her body for the most part.

·
Super Moderator
19,576 Posts
Budgies don’t need baths as they clean themselves using special oil from a gland from the base of their tail. If their feathers look dirty, you can offer them a shallow pan of water to bathe in, or, if they’re like your girl and don’t like that setup, most budgies love wet leafy herbs and greens like cilantro or lettuce clipped to the top of her cage!

She looks like maybe a yellowface type I creamino since it doesn’t seem like her yellow is getting any darker other than on her head. 👍🏻

1 - 4 of 4 Posts