Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the longest time, I have wondered if the spot on Pup's head means anything. I have seen birds that are dominant pied with spots on the back of their heads, but Pup's spot is pretty small compared to the pictures I have seen.

·
Member of the Month September 2011
7,747 Posts
It could mean that he is split for pied so if you breed him you could get pied babies. Sometimes spots don't mean anything though :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
from where it is located I would so no it doesn't mean anything

Pied birds have their "thumb Print" on the back center of their head. Never seen one that meant anything that was off to the side though.

just a little spot with no marking is most likely all it is.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
I have a male that looks very much like Pup. He also has a small yellow feather off center on the back of his head. It probably doesn't mean anything. I would just say it is just a random clear feather.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I was just curious if it meant that she was split for pied, since her mother is a recessive pied. I don't want to breed her or anything, it is just something that I have always wondered about since I first saw her with feathers in the nest box.

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
I think she could be split for recessive pied even without a thumbprint pied spot.

Then again, I don't understand genetics very well. :p

She's cute!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
the spot does not look like the usual spot that some split rec pieds have i think it is just a random anomaly... however if her mum was rec pied then she definitely will be split for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.