Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've only done a bit of reading on mutations and genetics, but I'm a bit surprise at the outcome of the two babies two of my budgies had.

So these are the parents (old pics):

Dad is a yellow face type 2, mom might have a slight cinnamon thing going on (the pic has a higher contrast so you couldn't really tell).

And here are the babies:

The funny thing is that I read yellow base is the dominant gene and the only way you can get a white base is if the two parents have a white base. So the bigger guy does in fact have a white base, and it's a lot bluer and darker than his dad.

The other guy is yellowish, but then it seems to be a bit diluted, clearwing, greywing, I don't know. It seems to have inherited his dad's colour more than the other baby.

What would you say is the mutation of the little lighter guy?

They're around 3 weeks old. :) They were born only a day apart so it surprises me a bit the little one seems a bit far behind. That or the other one is ahead, I don't know. :p

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Yellow is dominant to blue, but if the green parent bit is split for blue you can get green and blue chicks :)

The lighter chick is a yellowface light blue greywing. The other is a sky blue (possibly violet, probably from
the mom) normal :) Both of the parents are split for greywing to get the greywing chick :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.