Talk Budgies Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
57,084 Posts
Lets use this thread as your “cage build” thread! I can change the name of the thread when you start making posts regarding the cage’s progress.
We are going to want to see the cage you chose and all the accessories you put in as you set things up!
Congratulations. 🎈🎈

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lets use this thread as your “cage build” thread! I can change the name of the thread when you start making posts regarding the cage’s progress.
We are going to want to see the cage you chose and all the accessories you put in as you set things up!
Congratulations. 🎈🎈
Good idea! Can you change it to maybe “Custom Cage Build Thread” ?

Wow! Good for you! I'm all for plunge-taking. Can't wait to see it.
Thanks! And yeah, I took a plunge, and then some! 😬😆

Some might say I caught the “Budgie bug”

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Day 1

Today I ordered a custom cage with the following specs from customcages.com:

-60” (H) x 60” (L) x 30” (D) cage
-1/2” bar spacing for top, bottom, and side panels, and acrylic front sliding doors.
-Pull out floor system for cleaning
-Side seed catchers
-Removable cage divider with 1/2” bar spacing
-Tropical rainforest with waterfall laminate background picture
-Hooded/covered feeder and water systems and accompanying perches
-Hinge accessory door for side.
-x2 60” wood perches to run the length of the cage
-x3 replica rock ledges to be mounted to the back wall
-Multi spectrum light bar with wire cage kit
-Casters
-12” stand with built in storage system

As far as toys, swings, etc, I plan to use what I already have for Bucky’s current cage. That and see the layout first once it’s built.

If one is thinking that this is rather a large cage for one Budgie, I plan on getting more in the future! 😊

Next update will be in a few weeks given the time for the company’s production process and shipping!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update 1:

So I got an email saying that the production of my cage has started 😊

So far, so good! While you can order online, I placed my order over the phone given the litany of questions I had about cage specs, how things work, what’s needed, etc. The sales rep I spoke to was very pleasant, patient, and knowledgeable. Went over everything with me and confirmed my order. Seems like this is a relatively small manufacturing business so I’m happy to support them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yikes, lots of pieces, did it come with any directions?
Yes. And they have a series of YouTube videos for assembly of each part/section.

Took me a while to get oriented but now I’m almost done with the base storage area.

These cages are scalable and modular and all use the same parts no matter the size. So once you do one section, you have a better understanding of how to do the next. Part of their business model it seems.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts