Talk Budgies Forums banner

Cute budgie question

920 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Mr.Birdie
Bird Beak Parrot Pet supply Parakeet

I went to pet store to get B’s vita seed and couldn’t stop myself from looking into budgie cage. This guy just stole my heart. I know its not good practice to get them from pet stores so I left. But I keep looking at the pic. What is wrong with his feather/ wing tips? That is a male, right?
Bird Beak Parrot Feather Parakeet

Another pic of him sitting on lower perch. He seems to be missing his long tail feather? He is the bird turned backwards on lowest perch, with yellow color tail
Plant Market Retail City Leisure
See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 14 Posts
None of these birds look to be in great condition, and they are not babies as they all appear to have lost the baby bars on the head, the guy you are referring to is an adult bird, he has lost his baby bars and I can clearly see the iris in his eye. The missing feathers may be a sign of a problem as it does not look like they were clipped, some of the others in the cage have not been clipped and a couple of them also look like they have either been clipped or are missing flight feathers.
Yes I think they all need some TLC, if you did not already have a bird the risk would just be to you financially if he needed medical care, but I am sure you would not want to endanger Bisbee if this guy is ill.
Reactions: 1
It is so very difficult to not buy all of them, I know the feeling only to well, my husband stops me ;) It is surprising how few breeders there are and/or how difficult they are to find. I have only once purchased from a breeder, all the others I have had or currently have were either given to me or I got from a shelter so I figure they were probably originally purchased from big box.
I think you have to buy the supplies whatever way is best for you. If you want to go to a bird only place try Parrot Stars in Arlington Heights Parrot Stars | So much more than a pet shop
1 - 4 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.