Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought that because dark eyed clears are a recessive mutation, they didn't get iris rings.......

However, my little Casper started developing them a few months back, but I shrugged it off, thinking it was the light hitting his eyes strangely. But now they are REALLY obvious.

Anyway. Was I mistaken in my knowledge? Or is it possible that Casper is a different mutation to what I thought? (or perhaps he's just a little odd) :rolleyes:

Thankish in advance :D

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is not because they are recessive that they don't get iris rings most recessive mutations do develop them. Dark eyed clears are a combination of recessive pied and clearflight pied. Since recessive pieds have no iris rings dark eyed clears don't have them either. Male dark eyed clears don't develop a blue cere either. If your bird is developing iris rings he is not a dark eyed clear. If he is all white (or all yellow) he is probably a double factor spangle

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool. Thanks for the explanation Nev :) Well, he definitely has a purple cere, and iris rings.... This is a pic of him: (it's abit old though, so you can't see the rings)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.