Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Member of the Month March 2013
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might know that I have spent the last 9 years studying P/T with the OU for a Geoscience undergraduate degree, well I can hardly believe this but not only did I pass my final assessment for my degree, but I did well enough to achieve FirstClass Honours!

Speechless, and no-one is home :eek: so as of 15.18, you lot are the first to know. :woot:

I can now have BSc (Hons) Geosci (Open) after my name (if I wanted to......:eek:)

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
That is awesome news, congratulations Sarah! :party: It's always great to see one's hard work paid off at the end!

Reactions: rahonass

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clap: :woot:

I am so pleased to hear of your success!
It's wonderful to hear that not only is
the hard work over, but that you were
so very successful! Honors! Wow!

Hope someone is home soon to help you
celebrate, but we're cheering for you over here :)

·
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That is awesome news, congratulations Sarah! :party: It's always great to see one's hard work paid off at the end!
Thanks so much, I was, and still am really happy :D

Awesome!! :thumbsup: Congratulations Sarah :party:
I don't know much about geoscience. What sort of jobs will you be looking for?
Thanks Dee :D, I never really planned to use my degree for work, I feel its a shame really but I am really happy to have it :D

Congatulations :D. How do I address you now? :)
Well now, let me see.....erm... I think 'Sarah' will do just fine :D

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :clap: :woot:

I am so pleased to hear of your success!
It's wonderful to hear that not only is
the hard work over, but that you were
so very successful! Honors! Wow!

Hope someone is home soon to help you
celebrate, but we're cheering for you over here :)
Aww thanks so much Skye, that means so much to me :D, yes everyone is home now, we are celebrating with a lovely glass of Amarone - a beautiful red wine yum yum!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am so proud of you!!
Very well done!! This is awesome!!:woot:
Aww you guys..... :eek: thank you Despina :D

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
WooHoo! Congratulations! That is fantastically awesome news! You worked so hard and it has paid off big for you! Use the credentials if for no other reason then you paid and worked hard for them!

:party2::party2::party2:

Lisa

·
Member of the Month June 2014
10,305 Posts
WooHoo!!! Awesome Sarah Congratulations and well done Indigo and i are very proud of you...To achieve First Class Honours that is wonderful i am glad we were the first ones you could share your fantastic news with we are very Honored Sarah...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Oh that is just fantastic news congratulations .
Hope I mange to do the same long way to go yet still in my fist year with the OU in fact
only started in October after transferring from UEL.
Once again CONGRATULATIONS:)

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,118 Posts
Well done!! An awesome result and well worth the effort of sticking it out for 9 years.

Now when is the graduation party? :)

·
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should - even if only in your Christmas cards this year ;). Congratulations!
:laughing: what a great idea!

WooHoo! Congratulations! That is fantastically awesome news! You worked so hard and it has paid off big for you! Use the credentials if for no other reason then you paid and worked hard for them!

:party2::party2::party2:

Lisa
Thank you Lisa, it was certainly hard work at times, and expensive, but fun and rewarding also.

Congratulations Sarah. Very well done. All that hard work has paid off. Time to relax abit now.
Thank you Kate, I did indulge in a nice bottle of red last night, well shared with hubby of course :D

WooHoo!!! Awesome Sarah Congratulations and well done Indigo and i are very proud of you...To achieve First Class Honours that is wonderful i am glad we were the first ones you could share your fantastic news with we are very Honored Sarah...
Aww thanks so much Lyn :D

Oh that is just fantastic news congratulations .
Hope I mange to do the same long way to go yet still in my fist year with the OU in fact
only started in October after transferring from UEL.
Once again CONGRATULATIONS:)
Thank you, the OU is a wonderful organization and I'm sure you will do fabulously well, as long as you stay motivated to actually do the work, then you'll be fine :D, if I can help in anyway please feel free to ask me :D. Good luck with your studies!

Sarah! :hug:
That is WONDERFUL!
Congratulations. :proud:
Thanks Deb it was a wonderful surprise, especially as I'd had such a tough year this year, real blood sweat and tears went into it this year, well maybe not the blood but you get what I mean :D

:party2: CONGRATS Sarah! And Job Well Done!...Are you now part of the Royal Family?...LOL...John :budgie:
I wish! But sadly no, still part of the great unwashed :giggle:, however I will be able to book my graduation ceremony soon and I'm going to have it in Ely Cathedral, so that's a little bit posh :laughing:

Well done!! An awesome result and well worth the effort of sticking it out for 9 years.

Now when is the graduation party? :)
Thank you :D, we are having friends round for dinner Saturday night, but this was already arranged before I knew, so I expect we'll have some bubbles then, and Sunday night my 'bestie' has invited us for dinner at hers. The actual graduation wont be until next May, so a long wait until then, but I'll get my certificate sometime in December :D

Thanks to you all for your lovely comments..... group :hug:, it was so nice to have friends to share it with yesterday :D:urock::tb:

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,333 Posts
Degree

Congrats!!! Breathe the fresh air. Freedom!!! for a day or 2. It is one of the great moments in life. Give yourself a big hug.

Blessings,

Jo A:budgie:nn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.