Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
Id like to know the details of my budgie like breed,mutation,english budgie or not,and other details

i like to know everything

here is his pic

The green one is his dad And the black thin one is his mom

and is something wrong with his mom she has been thin like this for over a month,but she eats well,and is active and chirps

and her creche has changed to a blue colour ,isnt it supposed to be brown

looking forward to hearing from you guys

Attachments

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,787 Posts
I think your female is a normal mauve budgie and your male is a normal light green budgie. They are both american budgies. Your female's cere change colours depending on breeding condition, it goes from white and light bluish tinge to a tan till it reaches a crusty dark brown colour which will indicate she is ready to breed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
she already laid five eggs and is currently hathing 3 eggs
something is not normal
and what is my baby budgie there are three budgies

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,787 Posts
I don't think there is something wrong, it's normal for them to lose weight during breeding and the females also pull some of their feathers for nesting and keeping the eggs warm. As long as the parents are having a good diet adequate for breeding, lots of good seeds, veggies, calcium, eggfood, then things should be fine.
I currently have a breeding pair with 3 chicks and both parents lost a bit of weight, especially my male, but in his case it was good for him because he was on the plus size and now he is more fit and not too skinny.
My female has been displaying the white cere for over a week now and there is nothing wrong with that, she keeps feeding her young as usual.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
He is a Normal Violet Cobalt.

Dad is a Normal Yellowface mutant 2 Skyblue and mom is a Normal Mauve. All their chicks should be Cobalts anyway.

The mother looks stressed, and perhaps losing feathers due to a moult?

Changing of her cere colour back to blue means she has gone out of breeding condition, as in her body is no longer supporting her hormonally to go through with the process of breeding smoothly.

It will turn brown again when she will want to start laying eggs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.