Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon.

I've gotten different answers as to what mutation Mickey is. I thought I would ask again, to clarify his type.

Thanks. :)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like a golden face cobalt to me :)
Really? A golden face cobalt? Sounds very cool. :p

Budgiebreeder11 and Zeena told me he was a normal, yellow face type two, violet. Whereas Guthwulf said he is a double factor yellowface type 2 single factor violet cobalt.

:confused2:

·
Registered
483 Posts
He looks like a yellowface type 2 cobalt to me ..... I have been learning mutations recently a yellow face type 1 is when only the face is yellow but a yellow face type 2 is when the yellow starts to blend with the body colour to giving a seafoam colour like he has on his top body and as far as the rest I say cobalt because he looks to be a slightly darker blue but not so much to be a double factor ............ I maybe wrong but thats what I get from the pics

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He looks like a yellowface type 2 cobalt to me ..... I have been learning mutations recently a yellow face type 1 is when only the face is yellow but a yellow face type 2 is when the yellow starts to blend with the body colour to giving a seafoam colour like he has on his top body and as far as the rest I say cobalt because he looks to be a slightly darker blue but not so much to be a double factor ............ I maybe wrong but thats what I get from the pics
His chest is blue and green. The green covers the upper area and the blue covers the lower area. He's not just blue.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts

Budgiebreeder11 and Zeena told me he was a normal, yellow face type two, violet. Whereas Guthwulf said he is a double factor yellowface type 2 single factor violet cobalt.

His face looks too bright to me to be just a yellow face type 2 which is why i said goldenface, since that often bleeds onto the body too. But if he was a double factor yellowface that would make sense too :) I would trust guthwolf he knows his mutations very well :)

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

His face looks too bright to me to be just a yellow face type 2 which is why i said goldenface, since that often bleeds onto the body too. But if he was a double factor yellowface that would make sense too :) I would trust guthwolf he knows his mutations very well :)
I did do some researching and he looks more like a goldenface, the yellow face type 2 is a fair bit brighter.

Wow, Mickey is a mystery. :laughing2:

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Whereas Guthwulf said he is a double factor yellowface type 2 single factor violet cobalt:
I would agree with Dean (Guthwulf) that the yellow face type is probably double factor type 2 because single factor would spread much more. I can't see violet in these pictures

Double factor golden face is a possibility if the yellow is very bright

·
Registered
2,392 Posts

Just by looking at pictures, one can never be 100% sure about the mutation of such a bird.

Look at my bird.

The same bird is looking like Goldenface, Yellow Face Mutant 1 (sf) and Yellow Face Mutant 2 (df).

·
Banned
3,545 Posts

He will have a golden egg too.He He

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.