Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so this is what happened,I went to purchase a young male budgie.I got there & was shown 4 budgies all from the same clutch all but 1 were male.There was a blue yellow face,a grey yellow face & a green & grey with a yellow face.The female was also a blue yellow face.I have a yellow face skyblue hen so I had wanted the blue yellow face male.The guy said he would catch the bird while I looked at his other stock.I paid & left with budgie.To my surprise when I got home ,I opened the box & it was the grey & green male,he had sold me the wrong bird.I tried contacting him but he said NO returns even though it had been his mistake.Anyways I thought I would put a pic of him on here cause his colour is very patchy he looks to be mostly grey with alot of green patches on him.So I can't tell if he is grey,green or grey/green?We decided to keep him & named him Dexter!

He is still quite young this years baby as he has a closed band.I did not see the parents and thinking about it now it isn't a breeder I would buy from again.He was not at all helpful just wanted a quick sale.

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
That sounds suspicious. But it's a beautiful bird you came home with. Like the name Dexter too! :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
He's grey. The 'grey green' looking feathers are the yellowface 'bleeding' into the body colour.

He'll produce blue and grey babies if paired with a blue hen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.