Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that a DF Spangle looks totally different than a SF Spangle. Now I want to know if there's such a change if the bird is a DF Clearflight or will it look the same as SF?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
The appearance of clearflight pieds is very variable in both single and double factor so trying to decide visually if a clearflight pied is single or double factor would only be guessing.

When a double factor clearflight pied is bred to a normal all the chicks will be clearflight pied. If any normals appear in the nest it proves the clearflight pied is single factor

·
Registered
153 Posts
I will post this here, not to open another similar thread.
I;m a little unsure about this budgie.. Is he a clearflight pied? Or a recessive pied?
I know that he is also spangle ( possible opaline?!? - this is why i suspected recessive pied, because he has clear feathers on the back of his head and he doesn"t look opaline to me)

So, clearflight pied spangle cobalt dilute?

And the possible outcome from pairing with the hen ( creamino - yf 1 albino) is correct:
- 50 % males/ ino
- 50% females normal
- 50% spangle chicks
-50% clearflight pied ( if sf, 100% if df)
- 50% yf 1 chicks

Ps, These are the only available pics, the pair isn't mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm no expert, but I don't think it is a CFP. I would say it is a Dom Pied Spangle. Maybe it is a RP, because I don't see any iris rings, but the colour of cere looks bluish - and that is not the colour of the cere of a RP - it stay pinkish on a **** bird. I also see some violet, but maybe I'm seeing it, because I just love violet.
If you don't get many replies here, please start a new thread. This one is old and people don't usually go back to an old thread. But if Nev, Lindsay, Captainhowdy or even Erin say something, then it isn't necessary, because they know what's going on.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I agree he's not a recessive pied because his cere is blue. He's also got a lot of pied (non)markings for a clearflight pied. So I also think he's a dominant pied.

He's also definitely not dilute because his body color is too strong. He might be a graywing but I don't see much dilution in his cheek patch. He may just have no dilution at all and have normal spangle markings. I don't see any opaline.

It also looks to me like he has violet. I'd call him a violet sky.

FYI for the future, it's generally better to start a new thread with your own question. It'll be more likely to get seen and answered, and it's also considered slightly rude to "take over" another persons thread (though it's also usually forgiven :)).

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
153 Posts
FYI for the future, it's generally better to start a new thread with your own question. It'll be more likely to get seen and answered, and it's also considered slightly rude to "take over" another persons thread (though it's also usually forgiven :)).

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk 2
My bad! I'm sorry Dries that i wrote over your thread. I thaught that it will be better not no open so much threads, but to write in similar ones.
I didn't want to offend anybody.

For moderators: please delete my posts from this thread.
Thank you ! :)

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My bad! I'm sorry Dries that i wrote over your thread. I thaught that it will be better not no open so much threads, but to write in similar ones.
I didn't want to offend anybody.

For moderators: please delete my posts from this thread.
Thank you ! :)
No problem at all!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.