Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Human Bird Gym
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, another pairing question :rolleyes: but first, I would like to know if Sapphire is a DF Dominant Pied, or a Recessive Pied :eek:

It's not noticeable in most of the pics, but he has a pea-sized sky blue spot behind his right leg near his tail. Also, these pics are from when he was still really young. His cere hasn't changed color despite him being over a year old.

Now, what should I pair him with and what would the outcomes be?

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I'm fairly sure he is a recessive pied. What to pair him with depends on what sort of chicks you'd like to get. If you want more recessive pieds his mate would have to have recessive pied genes.

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
looks to be recessive
oo pair him with yf2 recessive blue:D

G

·
With my knowledge of budgie rearing since Aug 2008, I can't choose a mate for budgies. Even I want to get this male to mate with that hen, the outcome is normally time wasted. The desired male and female will perch at different positions so much so that I noticed they never come near each other. In other words, no bonding occurred and hence I found the hen did not like the ****.

My advice is look out for bonding in the cage or aviary. Pair them up when you notice the **** and hen are always together or near each other either preening or kissing each other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.