Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is one of the babies I am keeping because I could tell he was DF spangle when he was feathering. His parents are (male) cobalt spangle and (female) skyblue spangle opaline.

But the strange thing is, he has a very light blue ring around the bottom of his cheek feathers. I didn't know if this was normal for DF spangles or not. I tried to get a photo, but it was hard. here are a few, you can see it easier in person :eek:

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
It is very common for DF spangles to have suffusion of the colors they are masking showing through. All DF spangles used to have very bright suffusion but it was bred out of them as it was considered a fault :( I think it is gorgious and wish they all had it! :D

·
19,551 Posts
Heres one of my girls... A DF violet DF spangle... she had the most beautiful violet suffusion showing through :)

I have never seen a pic of what they used to look like either unfortunatly... but I think it makes them unique when they have the suffusion from DECs and inos in looks :)

Attachments

·
Budgie
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
awesome! I can't wait :) and just to clearify with more mutation stuff, if he is bred to any, he will have spangles right? and if he is bred to a green opaline female (her mother is albino) will they have green spangles? And is he (is it called masking or split?) to anything?

Thanks so much for all of your help!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
awesome! I can't wait :) and just to clearify with more mutation stuff, if he is bred to any, he will have spangles right? and if he is bred to a green opaline female (her mother is albino) will they have green spangles? And is he (is it called masking or split?) to anything?

this is the outcome from his parents - the clutch he came from He is split to Opaline because his mom is Opaline as long as his parents are split to anything else that's all he'd be split to and he wouldn't be hiding anything because he's the only thing he can be a blue DF Spangle :)

Males
12.5% 1.0 blue spangle(df) /opaline (your lil guy pictured above)
12.5% 1.0 blue /opaline
25.0% 1.0 blue spangle(sf) /opaline
12.5% 1.0 D blue spangle(df) /opaline
12.5% 1.0 D blue /opaline
25.0% 1.0 D blue spangle(sf) /opaline

Females
12.5% 0.1 blue spangle(df)
12.5% 0.1 blue
25.0% 0.1 blue spangle(sf)
12.5% 0.1 D blue spangle(df)
12.5% 0.1 D blue
25.0% 0.1 D blue spangle(sf)

Putting him with a Green Opaline who is split to blue(if her mom is ablino that makes all the moms babies split to blue) you would get the following out come and assuming the dad is just Green opaline since you did not mention splits for the dad or splits or masking for the albino mom
Males:
25.0% 1.0 blue spangle(sf) opaline
25.0% 1.0 green spangle(sf) opaline /blue
25.0% 1.0 blue spangle(sf) /opaline
25.0% 1.0 green spangle(sf) /blue opaline

Females
25.0% 0.1 blue spangle(sf)
25.0% 0.1 green spangle(sf) /blue
25.0% 0.1 blue spangle(sf) opaline
25.0% 0.1 green spangle(sf) opaline /blue

·
19,551 Posts

Yes all of his babys will be spangles when paired to any normal female :)

He is split opaline from mom. If you paired him with a opaline female 50% of the males and females will be opaline, 50% will be normals both males and females.

There is a chance he He could be split Ino from dad, if so he will have 50% female inos.

And if the female you are talking about pairing him too is split blue, half of the babies will be green half blue.

If is also possible he is split recessive pied from dad aswell. :)

Glad to help! :D

·
Member of the Month April 2011
5,435 Posts
YF1 DF Spangle

I never noticed any blue suffusion on my 2-1/2 month old yellow face 1 df spangle hen until I took this picture today. (Her parents are sky blue and cobalt.) See the hint of blue on her chest and under her tail feather? (Perhaps the flash brought out the blue.)

I expect her yf to darken at first molt. I wonder if her blue suffusion will darken, as well.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.