Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yellowface 1 has the yellow restricted only to the face. Type 2 has the yellow bleed through the body colour, turning a blue bird almost all green. There is no type 3. There is also Goldenface, which is like yellowface, only a much brighter colour.
There is also double factor yellowface is a visually white faced bird (from two yellowfaced parents), but when bred to a normal white face, has 100% Yellowface babies.

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Oh ok. I thought I read somewhere there was a type 3 :eek: So Nev told me this guys mutation but I can't remember if it's one or two type. But the yellow goes through part of his body so it must be type 2. But he's violet soooo how can he be type two cuz he's suppose to have a seagreen color???

Attachments

·
Registered
6,913 Posts
Perhaps it is the yellow in the wing?

·
Registered
802 Posts
I think type 1, type 2 merges with the BODY color not individualally, so the only way to see yellow IN the body color is in a white bird, if your bird is a sky blue, it will turn seafoam green. I think yours is a type 1 since the yellow isnt MERGED WITH the BODY color

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes I'd say type 1. Type 1's do have yellow leak into their wings sometimes, and a tiny bit on the front of them, but as a general rule the yellow is restricted to the face only.

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts
yeah i think type 1 aswell... its a soft yellow colour in your budgies face.
Heres my yf2 violet

note the body colour change to a greeny colour when the yellow runs into the body colour.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.