Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I crossed an albino with a lutino what would the possibilities for babies be? If I crossed an albino with a normal would any babies be albino?

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
If I crossed an albino with a lutino what would the possibilities for babies be? If I crossed an albino with a normal would any babies be albino?
For the Albino X Lutino, it depends if the Lutino is split blue, If the Lutino is carrying no splits you will produce Lutinos all split for blue.

If your Lutino is split blue you will produce Lutinos and Albinos, all Lutinos split blue.

Albino X Normal
This depends on which parent is the albino, again assuming no splits:
Albino Hen x normal ****
all normal chicks with all cocks split Ino

Albino **** X Normal Hen
All normal cocks split Ino any Albinos will be hens

If your normal is a green series bird all birds will be greens series, so greens and Lutinos all will be split blue. If your normal is a blue series birds you will only produce blue series, so all blues and Albinos.

Hope this makes sense.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Like Amelia said lutino and albino (ino) is a sexlinked gene. This means male can both show and be split for it. Females can only show it.

An ino male will have 100% ino females and 100% of the males will be split for it.
An ino female will only have male chicks split for it. So the only way you could get a chick that shows ino is to breed a male ino.

Also lutino is a dilution of green and albino is a dilution of blue. Green is dominant over blue. But lutino(green) birds can be split for (blue)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.