Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm new to keeping budgies and at the risk of sounding stupid I was wondering, is there anywhere on the forum where I can identify the types of budgies I have. There are so many different varieties around I don't know what I have. Also is there anywhere I can also see pictures of the different types.

Many Thanks

Derek

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hi Derek,

You can also upload any pictures that you have on this forum...pictures tell the best of stories!

I'm sure the Expert Breeders (EB) forum members will be able to give a guidance on visuals only...

..it will help if you can ask the previous owner (if possible) of such birds, from which "genetic-types" they (Spangle, Opaline, Clear-wing, Golden/Yellow-faced, Grey-wing, Greys, Mauve,...double-factor, etc) originated....

...the link provided, I'm sure was a good start!

Here is a few pictures (from my flock):
Spangle => Milk-float
Yellow-face => Smoothy

Enjoy the replies, having done so!

Jacodk

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies folks. I have a wee hen that looks very like Milk float.

Best Regards

Derek

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Further to my earlier post I'm uploading a few photos. The first is of one of my favourite birds, his name is Storm and he's about 10 months old.....

Storm
Can anyone tell me what mutation he would be classed as?

The second photo is off one of my recent babies. This was the last survivor born, this one is differently marked that it's two older siblings. It's a lot lighter in colour and the markings on it's head is a lot less defined than the other two. The mother is a normal green and the father is normal blue.

Any ideas of the mutation??

Very Best Regards

Derek

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Storm is opaline spangle grey

The chick is an opaline light green - If the parents were both normals it will be female

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you very much Nev90 for the reply. At least now I know what type they are.

Best Regards

Derek

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.