Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
I think she's clear body, her check patches are a tad too dark to be dilute and she really has very little green on the front of her body despite being pretty green on the back. Dilute budgies are the same evenly diluted shade throughout their whole body. I believe she is an opaline greywing texas clear body budgie :D That explains the dilution in her wings and body color as well as the nearly totally yellow front!

What a gorgeous girl!

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
This is an odd case, she’s not green at all on her front as far as I can see in the first photos.

She definitely has green on her front for the other pics you posted, however. I have a few questions.
1. How far apart were these photos taken?
2. Were they taken with the same camera?
3. What diet is she on?
4. Did you recently change her diet?
5. When did you get her?

There are some factors that can cause budgie feathers to not show their full pigmentation, so I thought I’d ask these questions just to make sure. The photos you just posted make her look dilute, but the first pictures show a totally different coloring…

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The photos are taking outside near the cage bars.
Yes it taking with my mobile phone. But I think it's my phone not showing the green infront.
She eat healthy foods greens,fruits,seeds(not store seeds) and they get there supplements for vitamins and minerals.
I got her like 2 months ago she is 2 years old told by the breeder. Donno what she was on before but she is more colorful now that's why iam confused. Hehe

She is near a window when there's sun her front looks yellow but when sunset and gets darker she is light green maybe even grey green.

Here a photo taking this morning. Her color is darkest at the back.
Bird Pet supply Beak Line Feather
Bird Light Parrot Yellow Beak

·
Super Moderator
19,684 Posts
I see from the new photos she is green in front. The first photos didn’t show it very well; also she’s on a great diet, it could be that over time her feathers got more vibrant after having a balanced diet.

She is dilute, and the reason she’s so pale is that in addition to dilute she is opaline. So she’s opaline dilute!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.