Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3,374 Posts
Nice aviaries! :) I don't think I could live without my concrete floor though, I'm addicted to my pressure wash attachment and on a dirt floor, that would just make mud :D The plus side is, you can still have plants, you just have to put them in pots! That way you can also have a little control over the parasite problem too by using sterile potting mix and surrounding plants with pebbles if you want. I'm slowly working on a collection of bird safe plants. I planted a whole bunch of leafy greens and herb seeds yesterday, it's just a matter of waiting for them to grow :)

Attachments

· Registered
3,374 Posts
Haha, I'd love to do that Aisliyna! But I have a young dog (18 months old) (the other dog, 4 yrs, won't chew them), so I'm cautiously planting a few planter boxes of birdseed and basil to test his liability to rip them up. I do have a fenced area where I could keep them safely I think though :)
I completely understand. Luckily I can keep my pots inside the aviary away from the dogs. My problem is the bunny, he hops into the pots and helps himself! We do have one dirt floor aviary but a Currawong lives in it so he doesn't care about bird grass and welcomes the rodents! :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.