Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my pairs I have now in a breeding cage is a green Cin Spangle/ino X grey spangle.
One possibly outcome is a grey ino cin DF spangle! Very interesting!
I know that the ino is going to mask the grey and DF Spangle, but cannot mask the cin? Is this bird then going to look like a lacewing??

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I don't think you will be able to tell visually if you get a get a double factor spangle lacewing because the spangle will blot out the lacewing markings. I have some single factor spangle lacewings and the markings are so faint and thin that they are hard to see unless you examine them very carefully

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are going to be grey ino cin SF spangles as well, but I thought the Ino is going to mask the Spangle. I'm lost!

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
There are going to be grey ino cin SF spangles as well, but I thought the Ino is going to mask the Spangle. I'm lost!
I'll try to explain but if it makes no sense ignore me I have had a long day at work and am just about ready for bed lol.

Ino can mask mutations, so yes if you have an Ino who is also spangle the Ino will mask this as it masks the markings.

However a Lacewing is a cinnamon Ino, it is a cross over with the cinnamon and Ino gene.

If you breed a Lacewing it has cinnamon markings, so if this lacewing was also spangle you would tell this as the markings are not masked. Just like you can tell if it is Opaline.

·
3,676 Posts
The ino will mask the spangle but the spangle will mask the cinnamon so the bird will look like an albino

·
3,676 Posts
These 3 birds are single factor spangle as well as lacewing. Their markings are so faint that they are hardly noticable. If the spangle was double factor you would not see the lacewing markings at all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.