Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
does any one of you have one of these...*pics added #7* mutation help needed

I just got two lil fosters.... boy and girl.. but not sure on mutation... I don´t have pics.. (forgot my camra home) :p but will get them maybe tuesday (monday I´m off work so I donñt have internet till that day :()...

boy looks yellowface 2, maybe opaline, sky blue or mauve and dilute... way way dilute....

girl looks yellowface 2 cinnamon opaline dilute.. haha.. but she could well pull off a light green cinnanon opaline (or greywing) and dilute...

her yellos is more intense but it´s splotchy all over hence I thougth yellowface... but she loosk all yellow.. so it cold be the light green super diluted... I´ll get some pics but in the meanwhile if you have some please post them so I can compare them...

can they be clearwing too??
thanks ;)

male look like this one only with a yellow face

the girl kinda looks like this one but more yellowy and diluted

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Congrats on your new babies! :D

Milo is a YF Skyblue Greywing... He could pass for a YF2 like your baby but we'll have to see until he's older whether he's a T1 or T2. And at first, I thought he was a Dilute but it turns out he's a Greywing :)... Close enough lol

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the boy looks a lot like nibbles... only with a yellowface and mayb a tinsy winsy bit more faded body color... he has almost no wings markings...

Nibbles is a sky blur, mauve, grey... LOL.. I so do not know hehe

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
here are some actual pics of the birds in question....

this was a previous light green dilute female I had... this is why I´m wondering about the newbie.. she´s so much lighter...

new female

chest area... you can see the yellow splotches here

male wings

please excuse the male being so dirty.. that´s how he got here... but I don´t wanna spritz him yet.. I´ll wait till he gets used to me being there.. ;)

any clues on mutations??..

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
my uneducated guess is both are grey wing, both are dilute the female being Light green and the male being sky blue

·
Registered
347 Posts
I am not that good with mutations but I would say that the female is gorgous and the male is extremly cute. LOL sorry I can't help with mutations. I have a question though. huskymom when you foster birds is it the same as with dogs like the shelter pays for vet visits and food and you take care of the bird/s until they are adopted. That sounds like a cool thing that I might try.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
well. actually I´m fostering for a person not a shelter.. so.. I don´t get paid,, but who cares... I love having these cuties around ;)

I to thought greywing and dilute... but male is like 90% dilute... and his "blue" looks kinda greyish... althought he looks almost white...

the female I also thoght cinnamon dilute... and even if hse´s more dilute thasn the first light green dilute i had her wing markins are more noticeable than the males...

so confused.. hehe

·
~Crazy Bird Lady~
2,309 Posts
Dilute and Greywing cannot be visual in the same bird.

The first picture you posted I think is actually a Light Green Grey Wing not a Dilute, which is why they look different.

The new Female I'm going to say is a Dilute Grey Green

Male I will say is a YF Dilute Sky Blue Spangle.

Maybe PM nev90 so he can add some input in as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the first one i also thoguth inicially was greywing... but her body color was also diluted although not as much as this newbie...

teh newbie´s color doesn´t seems grey to me I think it was the pic... she´s so washed out you can barely notice she´s green.. LOL... I think she´s a light green dilute

the boy I don´t think he´s spangle... but he surely is dilute too... and yellowface 2... what has me intrigued is if he´s dilute too, why are his wing markings more washe out than teh females if they are both dilutes... could he have something else... he practically only has faint markings towards the upper part of his wings... seems like the rest of the feathers are solid washed out blue/white/yellow

I also have noticed the cheek patch... on teh males it´s a pale lilac/baby blue clor while the females also pale but a bit more bright blueish

·
Budgie Addict :)
6,526 Posts
Not any help with their mutations but they sure are pretty birds. The female looks to be the same color as my Char which all I know is he's a dilute of some kind..

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
They are both dilutes. Birds can't be greywing and dilute because greywing is dominant to dilute but both mutations are in the dilute group (which is recessive to normal). The yellow splotches are because the greenish bird is a type 2 yellow face blue based bird and the yellow is spreading through the body colour. She could be cinnamon too but it's hard to tell on a dilute. There is a big variation in the amount of colour that shows on dilutes. Some look almost like greywings and others have hardly any colour at all. I agree with Rachelle about the first picture being a greywing. The body colour of greywings can be up to 50% diluted

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.