1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey this is one of my pairs baby but noone knows the mutation of him

His Parents Liela n Speed

and him

in the same clutch there was an albino hen and a hen that is starting to look just like him

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Like I said in a previous thread: normal green, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it is a YF (2) skyblue. Let's wait for the real experts!

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no offence guys but how does this
normal green as told by tb

Look anything like this?

these photos are both without flash and ive been told by people on talk budgies that the 1st ones a normal green and i just dont see how its the same, the 1st one is green and the 2nd one is dark green and sky blue i do not see the resemblance at all

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i wasnt being nasty about that comment it just confuses me lol

But he is a dark green **** with the violet factor i asked the person i got him from :) they finally emailed me back

The dads old owner not the baby i bred him lol so if his dads a dark green with violet factor split ino or masking ino whatever that term is
and the mums a sky blue what does this make him?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Well he is a normal dark green. You can have normal light green, dark green, and olive green. He might be carrying the violet gene. Did they have any blue chicks? If so were they violet? If he is split ino half the females will be visible and half the males will be split.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well he is a normal dark green. You can have normal light green, dark green, and olive green. He might be carrying the violet gene. Did they have any blue chicks? If so were they violet? If he is split ino half the females will be visible and half the males will be split.
not this time 2 of the chicks were green and blue on there under bellys and 1 was an albino female :) mayb in there next clutch there will be different babys

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I'm not an expert but I would say that he is a Normal Dark Green.

The other picture you posted for comparison, that budgie was a Normal Light Green, which is why these 2 look different.

I think I see a slight violet hue near the vent, so perhaps he has a Single Factor Violet gene included.

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
Hey this is one of my pairs baby but noone knows the mutation of him

His Parents Liela n Speed

and him

in the same clutch there was an albino hen and a hen that is starting to look just like him
Speed does look like a violet dark green(they almost look olive but with a blue tinge around the legs/vent) and Lela is a sky blue cinnamon.

First off all of the chicks that are green are going to be split for blue :) Before their first moult a split for blue chick will usually have a blue tinge to their belly and vent like yours does, it is very common but can throw you off if you are not sure they are supposed to look like that. There is also a good chance the chick is violet and again this can give the chick as a baby, and as an adult a blue tinge to the feathers especially around the vent and leg area like you can see so well on the dad :)

So, your chick is a normal, and he could be a violet green (which can look almost like a dark green) or a normal dark green :) He is one of those 2 things but it can be hard to know for sure as violet does not show in pics very well and he is quite young. Breeding can be the only way to know for sure with a violet green.

All of your male chicks will be split for cinnamon from the mom, and half of the male chicks split ino from the dad.

It is very common for albinos to have suffusion that gives them a blue tinge in some lighting if that is what you mean about the ablino starting to look like him?

no offence guys but how does this
normal green as told by tb

Look anything like this?

these photos are both without flash and ive been told by people on talk budgies that the 1st ones a normal green and i just dont see how its the same, the 1st one is green and the 2nd one is dark green and sky blue i do not see the resemblance at all
I am sorry you were given wrong information but the adult you are calling a normal green is not a normal green, it is an opaline light green and they do look quite different from a normal like your baby is ;)

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
Your chick looks to be a normal green with a dark factor.

The blue can be down to them being split for blue or it can also be an indication of violet.

The other bird posted looks to be an Opaline Light Green.

EDIT- we posted at the same time lol.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Speed does look like a violet dark green(they almost look olive but with a blue tinge around the legs/vent) and Lela is a sky blue cinnamon.

First off all of the chicks that are green are going to be split for blue :) Before their first moult a split for blue chick will usually have a blue tinge to their belly and vent like yours does, it is very common but can throw you off if you are not sure they are supposed to look like that. There is also a good chance the chick is violet and again this can give the chick as a baby, and as an adult a blue tinge to the feathers especially around the vent and leg area like you can see so well on the dad :)

So, your chick is a normal, and he could be a violet green (which can look almost like a dark green) or a normal dark green :) He is one of those 2 things but it can be hard to know for sure as violet does not show in pics very well and he is quite young. Breeding can be the only way to know for sure with a violet green.

All of your male chicks will be split for cinnamon from the mom, and half of the male chicks split ino from the dad.

It is very common for albinos to have suffusion that gives them a blue tinge in some lighting if that is what you mean about the ablino starting to look like him?

I am sorry you were given wrong information but the adult you are calling a normal green is not a normal green, it is an opaline light green and they do look quite different from a normal like your baby is ;)
Thankyou :) the albino doesnt look like him the youngest one does hes only just getting his body feathers now :), thankyou for all your help you explain it so im not confused lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.