Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of young birds that are about 5 months that I am looking at breeding when mature age to they seem to have naturally paired themselves up and I think they will be a good match and was wondering what mutations i can expect from them

Attachments

·
Registered
321 Posts
It would help if you could let us know what their mutations are. I can't tell 100% from the picture. Are they both yellow face I? Also are they cobalt or mauve and do they have grey or violet factor? If you know what their parents are too that will help.

From what I can see you spangles and normals, that are mauve with yellow face I mixed in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From what I have been told the greyish is a mauve yellow face but I don't know what type of yellow face it is the mum is a creamino and the dad is a recessive pied yellow I think to mauve the spangle I have been til is a cobalt yellow face the parents are blue and yellow ill try and upload some photos of them that might be easier

This is another picture of the mauve one he has gone through a molt and has now got flickers of green in chest

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is the one i believe is dad the yellow one he died but she has bonded with him and he was the only one she let in the box at the time and one of the mauves siblings looked exactly like him (recessive pied yellow to mauve) but she might have also done something with the blue in white one as she had a recent clutch with him and had produced the same coloured baby as one of the mauves siblings (yellow, white and blue pied).

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry for all the posts but I have checked my other thread as I have asked what colour they are the grey in the picture is a yellow face II mauve the mum is creamino i think she is a yellow face im not sure and the dad is a yellow face ii mauve blue recessive pied (yellow) and the spangle in picture for this thread is a yellow face II cobalt spangle the mum is a yellow face I voilet normal and the dad is a sky blue recessive pied yellow face II. Hope this helps?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ok for the yellow face you should get 50% yellow face I ( sf) 25% yellow face I df- which looks like normal, and 25% normal.
You should get 50% spangle
If both your pair have a recessive pied parent you should get 25% recessive pied. They should be cobalt and mauve also.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
If you did not have the parents isolated from the rest of the flock then any male could be the dad. Birds commonly, even usually, have a socially monogamous mate but are promiscuous otherwise. You birds are gorgeous!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.