Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is April. Do you think she has violet in her? Her Color goes so much lighter when I take a picture with flash. Then without it still doesn't look like her true color. Is she a cobolt with violet or just cobolt, could she be a df violet? As I swear in person she looks almost like a mauve but more purple. She is my hen who could be a rainbow or maybe a opaline spangle.
With Flash

Without Flash

·
Member of the Month March 2011
19,551 Posts
She does look like she could be violet :) however violet never shows up in pictures like it does in real life, so you would be a better judge of it :) if she is a deep purple color in real life she is probably a DF violet :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well then I am pretty sure she is a DF violet then. If you bred her would that make all of her chicks a SF violet?

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts
you can see the violet on each side of her neck - a bird with no violet factor doesn't have that

shes a yf Sky blue grey wing opaline - Grey wing dilutes the body color it dilutes it by 50%

she is not a "rainbow" a True rainbow by the Budgie society standards is a Yellow face CLEAR WING Opaline Blue series

a clear wing is not a grey wing it's 2 different things.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know she's not a true rainbow. Nev did say that she could be clearwing or an opaline spangle. It doesn't really matter to me. I have a grey-wing also and compared to him she has twice the amount of color on her. I'm not for certain that she is actually grey wing unless she is more of a full body grey wing.The whole rainbow thing is not what I want to know..

I was just wanting to know about how the violet factor works and if anyone else thought she had violet in her.. From what I think your reply said in the first part. I believe that you are stating that she does have a violet factor in her?

·
19,551 Posts
you can see the violet on each side of her neck - a bird with no violet factor doesn't have that
While a true violet will be violet on the sides of their neck, just because they have a violet tint there does not mean they are truely a violet :)

It will be on the body as well, and is usually most visible on the lower body and near the vent and feet in a true violet :)

I have had many that had a violet hint around the neck, but they were not violets at all :)

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
16,073 Posts

While a true violet will be violet on the sides of their neck, just because they have a violet tint there does not mean they are truely a violet :)

It will be on the body as well, and is usually most visible on the lower body and near the vent and feet in a true violet :)

I have had many that had a violet hint around the neck, but they were not violets at all :)

the best areas to see the violet is around the neck, Vent, and Legs

every one of mine with a violet neck have given me violet babies :)

·
19,551 Posts
the best areas to see the violet is around the neck, Vent, and Legs

every one of mine with a violet neck have given me violet babies :)
I did not mean that a violet budgie will not have violet around the neck, it will as will as I mentioned, but having it there in itself is not a sign that they are violet if they have it nowhere else :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
The bird isa Opaline Clearwing and while it is still in nest feather it will have reduced colour.

Violet is no indicated by a violet suffusion around the neck. Many blues can show this.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
I can't see any violet but it never shows up well in pictures so could be there

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.