Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!

Just wondering if any of you can help me out with some questions about Dreams mutation:

This is Dream:

As you can see he looks like a normal blue - but I was looking and there are some things that I am wondering if they mean he has some other genes in him too.

1. Blue patch on head - this blue patch WAS there but now he's molted I can't always see it - will that patch come back and does it mean anything?

2. Mauve patches on side of neck, where black bars turn to body colour - they are only very slight and merge with the blue pretty fast, but it is definately a shade of mauve.

3. Tail and wing feathers have grown back after molt with a lot of extra white in them (At the ends particularly, especially noticable when he fans them out to groom)

4. Body feathers have a very faint rim of white when I look really close.

Sorry the last three don't have photos, im having trouble uploading them :-S Hopefully my descriptions will make enough sense though.

Can any of you guys help me out? :)

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hey there!

Just wondering if any of you can help me out with some questions about Dreams mutation:

This is Dream:

As you can see he looks like a normal blue - but I was looking and there are some things that I am wondering if they mean he has some other genes in him too.

1. Blue patch on head - this blue patch WAS there but now he's molted I can't always see it - will that patch come back and does it mean anything?
Its called "suffusion" - meaning the body colour suffuses into areas it normally isnt present, such as the neck and head. Fairly common, and is minimal on your bird.

2. Mauve patches on side of neck, where black bars turn to body colour - they are only very slight and merge with the blue pretty fast, but it is definately a shade of mauve. Common in cobalts, more common in violets but i dont think your bird has a violet factor

3. Tail and wing feathers have grown back after molt with a lot of extra white in them (At the ends particularly, especially noticable when he fans them out to groom) Normal :)

4. Body feathers have a very faint rim of white when I look really close. Normal :).

Sorry the last three don't have photos, im having trouble uploading them :-S Hopefully my descriptions will make enough sense though.

Can any of you guys help me out? :)
Hope this helps answer all your questions :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.