Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
Mocha appears to be a cobalt recessive pied spangle.
Mocha's parents are a normal cobalt **** and a violet recessive pied spangle with a grey factor hen. I will provide pictures if needed :)
However her cheek patches are way lighter than her dad', they have this violet tint to them, and you see a bit of violet around her neck in the 2nd picture as well.
Does she have a violet factor?

Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
What a stunning baby! You can always tell the home bred birds!

Reactions: Zeena

·
Member of the Month
2,772 Posts
I'm going to say it again... you can ignore me if you want... BUT

Mocha has a "gorgeous" factor! :D

( There I said it, I feel better now... I tried not to respond to your question ;) )

Reactions: Zeena

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If the colour in the photo is true I think that Mocha is a violet sky blue. The colour is not dark enough for a cobalt. A violet factor on a sky blue is often mistaken for cobalt

I agree with Kay

·
Registered
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think its the lighting...but either way its cute! Such a lovely budgie!
What a stunning baby! You can always tell the home bred birds!
I'm going to say it again... you can ignore me if you want... BUT

( There I said it, I feel better now... I tried not to respond to your question ;) )
Thank you all :) Mocha wants to say thanks as well ;)

If the colour in the photo is true I think that Mocha is a violet sky blue. The colour is not dark enough for a cobalt. A violet factor on a sky blue is often mistaken for cobalt

I agree with Kay
The picture was taken in natural lighting and this is actually how she looks like when I look at her :). Nev, is it even possible for her parents to produce a sky blue? Sorry for the silly question. I don't really know how the dark factor thing works :p
By the way, it is such a compliment to hear that you think she is gorgeous since you always seem to breed the most beautiful budgies ever :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.