Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Viktor is 8 years old and recently, his cere has gone brown like a female bird. He has lost weight too and shivers a lot. A friend said he may have testicular cancer but another friend said it was his liver. I am thinking about if I should have him euthanized and bought him a little box to be his coffin. He's weak and cold all the time and I haven't been able to get him to the vet because everyone's been sick and the car had to be fixed. He used to be so happy and talkative now he just sits shivering on the swing all day. What would treatment options be if there are any? I don't want to put him through needles and squirting medicine down his throat like with Sonny, he really suffered with that.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sorry, me either...sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Viktor

Reactions: Jonah

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
he does eat some veggies but ultimately he went most of his life not knowing what they were so he's reluctant to try anything that isn't celery or spinach. he's not allowed any millet or seed bells.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Does

You can do a lot for your bird like provide a heat pad or white ceramic heat only lamp, and others. Purchase electrolyte with no sugar as sugar encourages fungus which has some of the symptoms you describe. carried by ladygouldianfinch.com. also probiotics and put in water. to stop weight loss provide what ever the bird will eat like millet spray presoaked in the electrolyte solution to help relieve dehydration and provide nutrition and stimulate the desire to eat. See Avian Vet ASAP as the symptoms are serious. Discuss options with your avian vet. Please do not just give up on him. You should have a birdy first aid kit. See examples here on TB and Windy city parrot has a first aid section for birds. get a kitchen gram scale and weigh the budgie every few days to watch for radical weight gain or loss. You may have waited too long but at least try. Yes it takes time but you are the only way your budgie can get the medicine he needs. Please see your avian vet ASAP. Jo Ann

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.