Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
This is one of many sites available on the internet (Google is our friend) that will list each and every color, mutation, etc. and identify it as dominant or recessive. After each is a link that says "click for details" that will then give even more specific information about that particular trait.

http://www.***************/genetics.html

·
Registered
6,101 Posts
They are in a logical order, and they are quick. Have you looked at the link? It is very easy to follow. :)

If you do not like that link, I am sure you can quickly find another chart on Google that you do like. Or, you can wait until someone has a chance to respond to your message. Unfortunately, we do not know when people will be checking in, or when they will have the time to write out what is available to you quick (since you have an urgent need).

We have many wonderful, knowledgeable breeders and budgie genetics experts that readily and graciously give a great deal of time to answer member questions. And I always find their knowledge simply amazing. The good news is that in the meantime, you can start looking at the simply laid out information to get some answers while you are waiting on our genetics experts. ;)

·
Registered
458 Posts
Robin's advice is good, check out that site, it's extremely useful and helpful.
I can list most dominant and recessive mutations here though..
Dominant colours:
Spangle
Dominant and Clearflight Pied
Yellowface and Goldenface

Recessive colours:
Recessive Pied
Greywing and Dilute
Fallow

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Except for a few like the dilute series, mutations do not come in an order of dominance. They are either dominant, recessive, co-dominant or sex-linked. To try and list them all is not very practical when there is an excellent site like the one that has been posted available

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hey guys. I know this is weird but I still can't understand so well the difference between the dominant and recessive pieds.
I mean...are they total different mutations or do they carry split mutations to be called dominant or recessive pied?
Maybe pics will help?
Thanks.:eek::eek::eek:
I'm sorry for asking many goofy questions here but I ask just to make sure I'm understanding the whole thing correctly.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
Hey guys. I know this is weird but I still can't understand so well the difference between the dominant and recessive pieds.
I mean...are they total different mutations or do they carry split mutations to be called dominant or recessive pied?
Dominant pieds and recessive pieds are two totally unrelated mutations

The Dominant pied or as it is sometimes called the Australian banded pied originated in Australia

The Recessive pied originated in Denmark and is sometimes called a Daniish pied or harlequin pied

The 3rd pied type is a clearflight pied. It originated in Holland and it is sometimes called a Dutch Pied or a Comtinental Clearflight pied

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.