Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

These are my two new budgies (Miki - white blue) and (Nada - Yellow - green)
Here is the link to picasa web album where you can see them:

http://picasaweb.google.com/nikomil1/MikiINada#

Can you please tell me if they are Dominant pied or recessive pied or some other color mutation?

I know they are still young (specially Miki) but can you somehow determine their sex? who is boy who is girl?

Please email me with your opinions at: [email protected]

Thank you very much!

Nikola

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they have a spot behind the head i think there dominant pied then =]
Yes they both have spot on the back of the head (Miki has bigger than Nada), but what makes me wonder is why they don't have regular clear body stripes. Miki is all mixed white and blue while Nada has no yellow marks on her belly (she is all green)

I say he and she hoping that the green bird is female... can anyone tell their gender now when they are young (Miki is less than 4 months and Nada is around 4)

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with juliafan, the white/blue one is female and the green/yellow one is male.:)
and can you guys believe??? the man i bought them from said Miki *white-blue* is male for sure (he even put it with a hen), and Nada is for sure female (she was with a **** as well)

seems the breeder was a little bit confused for their genders :S

ok now we have to wait and see who is who ... dominant pieds have typical cere colors right? MALE - blue Female - white or brown when they grow up?

if you are right then i hope they will not have complexes because of their strange names :rolleyes: hahahaha!!!

:budgie:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the green is a male and white one is a female
This might help
http://www.***************/colors.html
Thanks juliafan23!

That page is how it all started :) hehe :D i went to that page before i purchased Miki and Nada and i loved the dominant pied mutation (specially those with strictly shaped patterns) so i was looking all over our capital to find such budgies but it was impossible ... breeders here don't put much attention to who is mating who...sometimes they make so strange mutations mixing all they can find. That's why i wanted to know if these were dominant pieds so that i can make new babies dominant pieds or maybe cross them with standard blue - green budgies

once again thanks a bunch!!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The blue-white bird is a dominant pied female. The green bird is a clearflight pied male. :)
Thanks Marit!

By the way do you guys know if the pattern will change when they grow up or they will keep the same patterns? And what is the main difference between clearflight and dominant pieds? Can a clearflight hatch dominant pieds if any chance? clearflights are my second best, i simply went nuts when i saw the dominant pieds they look so funny being cut on half with the colors, i would love to have such offspring from these 2 birdies

by the way what will happen if they mate with regular yelow-green or white-blue birds? Someone told me that Yellow-green will give yellow green chicks even if mated with white-blue since yellow is dominant over white.

:eek: Geez these mutations got me so strong lately i think i am going crazy :eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Marit!

By the way do you guys know if the pattern will change when they grow up or they will keep the same patterns? And what is the main difference between clearflight and dominant pieds? Can a clearflight hatch dominant pieds if any chance? clearflights are my second best, i simply went nuts when i saw the dominant pieds they look so funny being cut on half with the colors, i would love to have such offspring from these 2 birdies

by the way what will happen if they mate with regular yelow-green or white-blue birds? Someone told me that Yellow-green will give yellow green chicks even if mated with white-blue since yellow is dominant over white.

:eek: Geez these mutations got me so strong lately i think i am going crazy :eek:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are you sure those two are unrelated as being related and having little ones really messes the babies up.
Hi Teasha,

Well i can not be sure they are not related since i didn't breed them, but the man i bought them from said they are from different nests, and that the yellow-green one is about 2 months older than the white. So unless he lied to me then there is no chance that those 2 are related because i don't think u can have 2 clutches in 2 months period. By the way if you are good at determination the gender and mutation can you tell me who is male and who female and if those 2 are dominant pied recessive pied or clear-flight pied?

·
Budgie Adorer
689 Posts
and can you guys believe??? the man i bought them from said Miki *white-blue* is male for sure (he even put it with a hen), and Nada is for sure female (she was with a **** as well)

Yeah.. some people can be so dumb :p

Very cute birds though :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.