Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a question about spangle budgie's breeding.
My friend said to me "Don't breeding Spangle×Spangle.
Spangle is must breeding with Normal or other mutation(lutino, albino, opaline,,etc)".
That is really truth? occurrence of genetics problem or other??

I saw the Spangle×Spangle breeding, obtain the not good size and marking baby budgie.
anything else no problem?

p.s - My english capability is very poor. understand me please:D.

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
If you mean from a normal breeding point of view as far as I am aware there is nothing wrong with breeding Spangle X Spangle however if you mean for a showing/ exhibition side of things I too have heard not to use this pairing, I'm not sure if it's due to the size of spots or something with the markings when paired together or if it is purely down to wanting to pair to normal to increase the depth of the markings and the mask.

I'm sure one of the exhibition breeders on here can clarify :)

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,824 Posts
Many show breeders here breed Spangle to Spangle. You don't get the wing markings of a normal spangle though. You get what is called a Double Factor Spangle. Wings are clear and so is the body with a slight flushing of the original colour. So with a green series bird you get a yellow bird with some slight green flushing in the chest/abdomen area and with a Blue series a white bird with blue flushing.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
There is no problem breeding spangle to spangle from a genetic point of view as long as the birds are unrelated.

Many show breeders have different ideas on the type of pairings that will produce good show birds

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.