Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Spangle isn't sex linked, it doesn't matter what genders the parents are. You can breed together two double factor spangles or one double factor spangle and one single factor spangle. I'm assuming you don't have a double factor spangle female. :p So you could breed a DF spangle male and a SF spangle female. If you breed two DF spangles, you have a 50% probability of getting a female DF spangle. If you breed a SF spangle with a DF spangle, you have a 25% probability of getting a female DF spangle.

Colour is also a factor to take into consideration. For example, if you want a white DF spangle and you have two yellow based spangles to work with, you will only get a white spangle if they're both split for white base; the chance of getting a white female DF spangle is 12.5% if both parents are DF spangles, and 6.25% if one parent's a DF and one's a SF. If you have a white base parent and a yellow base parent split for white base, the chance of getting a female DF spangle is 25% if both parents are DF and 12.5% if one's DF and one's SF. If both parents are white base you have a 50% chance of getting a DF female.

I hope I helped, good luck! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.