Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can double factor spangle budgie posses slight kind of marking or it should be pure in color?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Df spangles can have a tint of color either green or blue depending on their base color and sometimes they will be cinnamon as well but I don't think they can have markings.

·
Registered
322 Posts
They can have some extremely faint markings sometimes, but it isn't too common. Spangle is a colour removing/reducing mutation and sometimes the colour isn't removed 100% in a double factor spangle. They can also have markings caused by other mutations such as opaline or cinnamon. I hope I helped! :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
actually i wanted to buy a DF from a friend,his bird's color was almost same as in this picture,with slightly dark feet and cere ?
Should i buy that bird as a double factor Spangle?

·
Registered
322 Posts
actually i wanted to buy a DF from a friend,his bird's color was almost same as in this picture,with slightly dark feet and cere ?
Should i buy that bird as a double factor Spangle?
If it has iris rings, it's a double factor spangle for sure. I can't quite tell from this picture. The cere also looks kind of purplish and usually DF spangles have normal blue ceres if male. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
looks like its cere hasnt changed colour yet and its young red eyes albino black eyes df looks like a young **** to me but knowing the parents types shuld clear it up:)

·
Member of the Month
4,269 Posts
I have a DF spangle male who has dusty blue markings
on his belly. I was told they would probably intensify
after his first moult, but they actually faded a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.