Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Rhaine, the newest addition to the budgie flock, is currently going through a molt. Nothing unusual about that, but her feathers are coming in different colors than they were before! Is she still a dominant pied mauve opaline spangle yellowface type 2? I've only had one yellowface before, and she was a type 2, but I do not remember the yellow being so vibrant. Do you think she will turn completely yellow/dark green? Or stay speckled like this?

Here is a baby picture of Rhaine, taken in January:

Here are pictures of her taken last week:

...and these were taken today:

What do you think?

PS-Sorry all of the pictures are sideways - photobucket isn't cooperating!

·
MOTM March 2012
5,292 Posts
It's perfectly normal.

Yellowface type 2's tend to develop a 'wash' of colour of the body, the yellow will seem to spread turning the feathers a green/ yellow colour.

·
Budgie Nut
3,087 Posts
Maybe it's a new mutation...................the Polkadot
Budgie...............:giggle: But seriously, she is just
beautiful! :D

·
Budgie ESL tutor
1,461 Posts
It's so interesting isn't it!! You never know what you'll wake up to the next morning hehe

Pitchii was a yellow face as a baby but lost ALL of her yellow with her first moult! Ha, I was so surprised..
It's quite unusual I believe but goes to show there are no guarantees that the color you 'chose' will be what you end up with ;)
Your baby is gorgeous and unique! x

·
Registered
253 Posts
Before I input, I must say that those photographs are very nice, exceptional even, showing off the budgie's colors very well and no blur whatsoever! (Sorry, but I'm enthusiastic about photography, for it's a passion of mine)
Now, I'd say that's one of the prettiest parakeets I've ever laid my two eyes on! By golly, is she stunning!? Rhaine has a gorgeous yellow face, and I love how she has patch-like splats of color on her wings and back!
I fancy mutations, but I've never witnessed such a design as this! Has anyone the term???
~JBugDragon:budge:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone! :) Her colors have been continuing to change - I'll post some updated pictures soon. So excited to see what she'll be like as an adult!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.