Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no dang idea what my bird's mutation is!
I'm new to TB as of today, and I've posted this message and other things before, but I'm truly dying to know if any experts are available, because my parakeet Lui has some wacky colors!
His coloration appears to be a possible diluted opaline pied with maybe some gold face. He has plum eyes, semitrical lavender patches on his cheeks, and a purpley blue cere, and he is a male; He's bred recently. He has blue and emerald green on his rump and a stunning yellow face. His neck base feathers are bright yellow with diluted grey/green markings, and the markings on his wing backs are almost clear.
I'm not at all familiar with genetic mutations, I'm just guessing by photos.
Thanks and have a great day! :S:eek:

Attachments

·
Registered
16,696 Posts
Lui is a gorgeous budgie! :love:

I'm afraid that I can't help with the mutation, but I am sure that someone here will come along and help us out. Anyone? Anyone? Beuller? (Sorry, couldn't resist... :giggle:)

·
Registered
322 Posts
Wow! What a pretty bird! What does he look like from the front? He seems to be a (blue) yellow face type II, I can't tell if he's split for it or homozygous (if he's split, the sea green colour will cover the front of his body, if he's homozygous, the sea green colour will be restricted to his upper chest and his face will be a very vibrant yellow). He could be a greywing, poorly marked clearwing or a full body colour greywing (I could get a better idea by looking at the front), and possibly an opaline too (but I'm never good at spotting those). Lui could even have both spangle and clearwing genes! And he looks to be a clearflight pied. I hope I helped! Good luck! :)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Miss L, You helped a lot, yes! Could he really have all that? Spangle and clearwing? I thought he might be opaline, but I wasn't sure either! I'm sorry I don't have a pic of his front currently, but I can tell you, his tummy is actually a blend of seagreen and really light green and light lemon yellow. He's really pretty! I've probably asked before on the forum (Sorry for being repetitive if I have lol) but with those mutations, would any of his chicks be any of his colors if he mated with a light green split for blue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.