Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone,
well i know that most people love violets, and well the breeder who i get my budgies from, said that if you have a violetsky blue female and a male cobalt then you can breed violets, violetskys, skys & cobalts!! well, i will get a pied opaline violet sky male & a violetsky female, and i should breed violets, violet opalines, violetskys & skys!! and i will get a violetsky cinnamon female & pair her up with my opaline cobalt, and they should breed opaline violets, cinnamon violets, violetskys, opaline violetskys, cinnamon violetskys, opaline skys & cinnamon skys!!
well, yh, if you want to breed violets, get a violetsky (male or female) and breed them with a cobalt (female or male)!
well hope this helped you if you wanted to breed violets!! :p
:budgie:
:budgie: ;)

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,824 Posts
With the pairing of the Cinnamon Violet Sky Hen and the Opaline Cobalt **** you will not get any visual Cinnamons unless the **** is carrying Cinnamon.. You will get Split Cinnamon **** birds but no visual Cinnamons. The cinnamon gene is sex linked. Hens cannot be split for a sex linked gene they must be visual. To get cinnamon cocks the hen needs to be cinnamon and the **** needs to be cinnamon or split for cinnamon. Any opalines you get from that pairing will all be hens.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
If the violet sky was mated to a mauve you would produce 50% violet cobalt instead of the 25% violet cobalt you'd get by mating the violet sky to a cobalt

·
♥Budgies No.1 fan♥
3,368 Posts
i have a cobalt violet. her colour is very faint as she is also cinnamon:D

·
Member of the Month October 2008
6,824 Posts
I recently paired a normal grey **** with a cinnamon grey hen. Only one baby but it is a lovely Violet Sky ****. With all pairings you can get totally unexpected results even if you know some of the genetics of the parents. It only needs one of the parents to be carrying the dark gene and surprises pop out. I did not know the background of either parent with certainty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.