Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the budgies I purchased over Christmas was what I believed to be a cobalt greywing spangle. I said 'believed', because I just read through cutelilbirdies AMAZING mutations guide, and now I'm not so sure... Confirmation please!

Also, ignore the fact that in the first photo she has horrid scalyface. That's from just a few weeks after I got her and she was STILL undergoing treatment.

Oh how I hope she is a greywing... Because I kinda just bought a new cockbird on the agreement with my parents that the pair of them will make beautiful greywing babies together...

·
Member of the Month January 2013
4,870 Posts
I would say a pretty, opaline, sky blue, greywing spangle. But remember I am a rookie :).

·
Member of the Month August 2013
5,121 Posts
I agree with Rick, I think she has Opaline in the mix as well those already mentioned. She is a gorgeous wee thing, and I am sure you will get just as gorgeous wee babies from her.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a relief! Thanks everyone. It's just a shame that this girl isn't fated to live a long life with me - it seems that she's broken a wing or something similar in the past, and she struggles to fly. She gets around okay by climbing, but none of the other birds want much to do with her when she can't play 'chasies', and I feel really guilty about it... I'm determined to repay her by finding her an awesome pet home in the future, though.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
No Opaline in her.

Would also say she's a Double Factor Violet Skyblue, aka Skyviolet. Not a cobalt Violet.

So I'd say she's a Single Factor Spangle Skyviolet. Lovely one too!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
She is stunning!

You said she had a broken wing in the past?
I see in the picture one of her wings is a bit off,
like sticks more up than the other one?

One of my budgies is like this,
she is around 7 months,
so her wing might have broken when she
was younger?
poor thing :(
you can see her here
http://talkbudgies.com/showthread.php?t=114713

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.