Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Ash Golden and my Best Friend here is Budgie. When I got him 2 years ago as a baby eyed little Birdie. I was not expecting this life I have with him now. He has been my everything and is ALWAYS there for me and with me. He was that one Blue Budgie at the bottom of the wire cage crowded with other Budgies and one VERY dirty ladder. Their wings had already been clipped (mutilated) and they were not handled. When the lady pulled him out with a towel, like she was disgusted to touch him, and stuck him in the box I was more than excited to show him his new home and give him everything he wanted. Since the first day he has never been caged. He has his own playground by my chair in the living room, his own perch in the car, his own sleeping area by my bed and travels with me almost everyday. Being as Budgies wings were clipped at a young age he will never be able to fly. His flight feathers always have to be trimmed because when they do come in they are weak, brittle and twist and break easily which causes him pain and makes him pluck at them till he bleeds. He also has episodes where he will move his head around dizzy for a few seconds but the vet said it is likely from a head trauma earlier in his life and no need to worry as he is healthy and it is becoming were I rarely see him doing it anymore. Anyway, he is a very active comedian and loves to play tag, eat and drink my food if he is sneaky, preen me, have grass baths in the yard and bath with me. He also loves my computer but knows he is not allowed on the keyboard. He also talks constantly and likes to yell at me if I turn the tv up because he is so loud! He says pretty bird, hello, hey, hi, whatcha doing?, no, awww, i love you, meow, cat call whistle, go away, ****er and other phrases with choice words that I really wish he had not picked up. I can't see my life without him and I would do anything for him. As for myself... I am in College to get my Bachelors Degree in Photography. I love Nature and that is what I shoot. I love camping hiking and traveling. I was a Marine stationed in Okinawa, Japan and got out honorable to pursue other loves.

·
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award
4,409 Posts
Ello

Hello, welcome, and thank you for your service.It is wonderful to hear about your adventures with Budgie. I am sorry he had a rough time before he came home with you. Here on TB we strive to help each other give the best care possible for our companion budgies. Some people have large flocks of budgies or mixed flocks of birds that get along. We also have Love birds, t'iels, and of course you will meet Noah. Deborah, aka Faery Bee, Treats us to Budgie and love bird adventures and keeps all straight. We share joys and losses and care for each other.

I might mention to be careful not to have Budgie free out side unless some how contained so he will not be injured or lost. I also suggest that you contain Budgie while in the car as he could be hurt in an accident or jump into your driving vision and cause a problem. This is very close to me as I was a passenger recently in a car full of caged budgies headed for a bird show. some one cut off the driver of our car and sent us into nose dive into a ditch. Fortunately,no one was hurt, and the car did not flip, but had any of the budgies been loose things may not have gone so well. Water had to be replaced and seed was all over but every thing was tied and doors clipped. We had a flat tire and unexpectedly had to find a hotel that
accepted birds with no notice. Some how it worked and we did get on our way again, but the memory tells me to be cautious with our dear little ones.

Others will be by to say Hi, and welcome you. There are lots of things to share and learn and Snickers to find as well. Roam around and read some of the sections listed to the far left . There is a lot to read . It took me several weeks and several rereads so do not feel over whelmed as we are all here to help. Again, Welcome to you and Budgie. Blessings, Jo Ann:p

·
Administrator
55,917 Posts
Hi Ash and :welcome: to Talk Budgies!

Your Budgie sounds like quite a little character. :proud: We'd love to see some pictures :photo: of him if you have any you'd like to share.

To familiarize yourself with the forums, please take the time to read through all of the How To Guides, the FAQs and the stickies located at the top of each section of the forum.
You'll find most of your basic questions are answered after you've read through all of them.

TalkBudgies.com Rules and Guidelines
How-To Guides - Talk Budgies Forums
Frequently Asked Questions: Talk Budgies Forums - FAQ
List of Stickies - Talk Budgies Forums

http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-talk/295033-prepared-veterinary-care-expense.html
http://talkbudgies.com/emergency-room/225585-my-birdy-first-aid-kit.html
http://talkbudgies.com/your-budgies-health/102714-quarantine-really-important.html
http://talkbudgies.com/general-budgie-info-[articles]/227841-50-common-budgie-dangers-watch-out.html

http://talkbudgies.com/housing-budgies/24411-cage-sizes.html
Essentials to a Great Cage-Talk Budgies Forums

http://talkbudgies.com/how-guides/175818-how-post-pictures-photobucket.html
Examples Of Pictures To Post And Not Post - Talk Budgies Forums
http://talkbudgies.com/mutations-ge...king-mutation-gender-identification-help.html

Helpful Links - Talk Budgies Forums
Budgie Articles Forum - Talk Budgies Forums

If you have any questions after reading through everything, please be sure to ask!

Glad you decided to join us and looking forward to seeing you around the forums.

:wave:

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
Semper Fi Marine, and welcome to talk budgies from an old leatherneck. Budgie sound's like a great little bird friend, and we are glad to have you both and look forward to a pic or two of the little fellow...:)

·
Super Moderator
18,238 Posts
Hello to you and Budgie! Welcome to the forums :wave:

It sounds like Budgie is a very colorful character and I hope to officially meet your small friend soon ;)

Obviously he's very lucky you were there to rescue him when he needed you most.

Also, I wanted to thank you for your honourable service to our country :D
It's great to have you with us and I hope to see you around :) Feel free to ask any questions you may have, too!
:welcome:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the Warm Welcome and Words of Wisdom that I take to Heart. I understand the concern/hazards and although I can promise nothing would ever happen... I can't BUT he is always being protected and is never put in danger. The car rides I do agree with though... It is an unnecessary danger that I need to stop. I am so happy you both and the Budgies were not harmed. I can only imagine the panic you were in. Once they enter our lives we are bound to a deep feathery love. I have seen some posts and have seen a large amount of Faery Bees work and just LOVED it! I am excited to interact and talk with everyone once I figure this all out. You are not joking though... This place is PACKED AND BUSY! Lol. I have opened and read so much so far... and I know I still have much more to read. I get lost and just now saw by chance the comments on here and freaked because I had yet to reply. Ha. I finally figured out how to post pictures... I think and put up a few. I can't figure out the Avatar though. Anyway, once again I am more than excited to be here and Budgie is too. He loves seeing new Budgie Pictures. I hope to be commenting and interacting with the other members soon. LOVE THE CONTESTS TOO! It feels like a real active and fun place. Thank You!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank You Faery Bee for all the Links and Help! You are Amazing! I also freaking LOVE your photos and hope to someday be worthy of getting one! You also make some Amazing and easy to understand information. You all are very knowledgeable and I know I will learn much from you all. Thank You so much!

·
Administrator
55,917 Posts
I can't figure out the Avatar though.

LOVE THE CONTESTS TOO!

It feels like a real active and fun place. Thank You!
You're very welcome. I'll be happy to make a signature picture for you.
We can talk about it via Private Message.

For your Avatar,
go into your User Control Panel (User CP) on the left side of your screen
Look at the "Edit Settings" area and you will see "Edit Avatar" click that and you can upload a picture as an Avatar that will show on each post you make.

With regard to your signature, there are different user groups which allow different signature sizes.
Right now you are in the group that allows a picture 300 pixels wide by 150 pixels high. ;)

If you have questions about the site and can't find the answers in the "How To" Guides, just send me a Private Message or post your question in the "Contact the Staff" portion of the forum.

Glad you decided to join our flock!

·
Registered
109 Posts
OOH RAH and Semper Fi to you as well Devil Dog! It is always a pleasure to meet another Marine, and one who loves Budgies! Bonus! I can't wait to meet your little guys! Thank You!

Thank You! You all make it so welcoming and fun to be here! I am assuming you Budgie is the one in your signature? If so... She is precious and looks like Budgies Twin!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

You're very welcome. I'll be happy to make a signature picture for you.
We can talk about it via Private Message.

For your Avatar,
go into your User Control Panel (User CP) on the left side of your screen
Look at the "Edit Settings" area and you will see "Edit Avatar" click that and you can upload a picture as an Avatar that will show on each post you make.

With regard to your signature, there are different user groups which allow different signature sizes.
Right now you are in the group that allows a picture 300 pixels wide by 150 pixels high. ;)

If you have questions about the site and can't find the answers in the "How To" Guides, just send me a Private Message or post your question in the "Contact the Staff" portion of the forum.

Glad you decided to join our flock!

I hope I am replying correctly... Thank you for the help on the Avatar and I am excited about doing the signature! ^_^ I am heading to bed now as I have a long day of classes in the morning but I plan to be back on tomorrow evening. Once again Thank You so much for all the help and kindness. :budge:

I'm in a Flock now! :p

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,788 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :) I'm glad you have decided to be part of this awesome animal friendly, bird loving community. You will surely fit right in.
I have seen the photos from your gallery and your Budgie is a gorgeous boy, he's very expressive too! :D

·
Servant of The King
11,974 Posts
OOH RAH and Semper Fi to you as well Devil Dog! It is always a pleasure to meet another Marine, and one who loves Budgies! Bonus! I can't wait to meet your little guys! Thank You!

Thank You! You all make it so welcoming and fun to be here! I am assuming your Budgie is the one in your signature? If so... She is precious and looks like Budgies Twin!
Yes, the skyblue, and the mauve on the left side of my signature are my hens, and my two boys are on the right. The cockatiel in the middle lives in the same room with them but in his own cage. I hope to post some new pics of them one of these day's, and look forward to seeing your's. Posting pictures and navigating around this forum are pretty easy, and you will get the hang of it in no time, don't be afraid to ask for help Ash... :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Welcome Ash and Budgie!! :wave: can't wait to see pics! And may I add God bless you and thank you for your service to our country!! :2thumbs:

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
82 Posts
Glad to see Ace and you here, a warm welcome! Nice to see you've taken the advice on board from the more seasoned budgie fans here so quickly!

Poor little budgie, isn't he lucky to have found you! I chose both of my little friends the same way, each of them in different pet shops were the one budgie that liked being there the least. I even had the suspicion that my Caleb had had a small stroke once I got him home. But like with yours, he's now almost 100% well.

Looking forward to seeing more of your photos on here!

·
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
82 Posts
... I understand the concern/hazards and although I can promise nothing would ever happen... I can't BUT he is always being protected and is never put in danger. The car rides I do agree with though... It is an unnecessary danger that I need to stop.
Sounds good! :2thumbs:

That's one of the things I like about coming here, I too may do something I found was a good idea for my budgies, and hopefully someone would be kind enough to make me notice when I get things a bit wrong.

·
Member of the Month November 2014
3,192 Posts
I know I'm a little late on the welcome wagon, but I would like to extend my welcome. And also my thanks and appreciation for your service. My dad was a medic in the service, and I know that he always appreciates the Veterans Day cards. My father in law also served, I think Navy. Just wanted you to know that I among others here really appreciate and support the efforts of the people who serve this country. Thank you!!! :us::usa2::usa2:

Semper Fi Marine, and welcome to talk budgies from an old leatherneck. Budgie sound's like a great little bird friend, and we are glad to have you both and look forward to a pic or two of the little fellow...:)
And a big thanks to you too Randy!!! Didn't realize you were in the Marines, but I'm glad I know now.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.