Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
im here to ask your opinion about my two budgies, i think they are english as i got them from a breeder and english are more common in the uk.

Heres a picture of them -

Im not quite sure? :D

Regards, James :p

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they are looking more american ? More confuzzling ? haha

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whats that mean? Im shocking with this side of things?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Budgies are not actually English and American, they are show type/exhibition and Australian pet type :)
Well, more like they can be called both things. English and show/exhibition mean the same thing, American and pet mean the same thing. Different people pick which word they wanna use. :p I personally prefer English and American because they're easier to say/type and more commonly used, so they confuse less people.

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
They could be a split, if one parent was "American" and one parent was "English". The green boy seems to have more of an English face, but I'm no expert so I don't want to try to tell you anything that might be incorrect :eek:

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Hi James if your in the UK they will be English/show budgies - theres a consderable size difference for American/pet birdies.

Also the English/show birds have more throat spots and the boys tend to have those cute stickiy up feathers on thier heads.

I was confused when i first read about the different types on here but have since learnt you rarely get the American/ pet birds in the UK. Most birds we have come from breeders (or pet shops :() which are generally the same biger type of bird.

Occasionally you comre across a smaller one - my Bobby is quite a bit smaller than Honey but both are most definately English / show birds - i also clarifed this with my local breeder :)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Hi James if your in the UK they will be English/show budgies - theres a consderable size difference for American/pet birdies.

Also the English/show birds have more throat spots and the boys tend to have those cute stickiy up feathers on thier heads.

I was confused when i first read about the different types on here but have since learnt you rarely get the American/ pet birds in the UK. Most birds we have come from breeders (or pet shops :() which are generally the same biger type of bird.

Occasionally you comre across a smaller one - my Bobby is quite a bit smaller than Honey but both are most definately English / show birds - i also clarifed this with my local breeder :)
This isn't true.... I see plenty of pet type budgies here! (Including my own birds).

You can find both exhibition and pet type in both the U.S and the U.K. People talk as though they are two entirely different species. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just thought id check as i was unsure about Mikko, the green one.
I do know for a fact he has it in his bloodlines becuase i saw his parents when i got him from a breeder. I did get a english budgie from that same breeder and he was beautiful, unfortunatly he passed away.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.