Talk Budgies Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ernie has a yellow face and other yellow markings, with a blue stomach and different variations of sky blue/blue/violet/navy in tail feathers. I believe Ernie has normal markings on his wings and is a clearflight.

However, his left and right wing patters are not the same. Is this common? Is there a term for such a budgie?

This is Ernie at 4-5 months old:

Ernie is on the right:

I recently took a video of Ernie, he is now 7-8 months old (or so) and he has had a molt of his wing and tail feathers, but his strange wing pattern with more black feathers on the left than on the right has persisted. His tail feathers were broken off when I got him so I had thought that maybe another budgie had plucked out some of his feathers:
][link]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsDjaY_pKjo

Thanks, I'm just curious if anyone has seen this before or has a budgie like him. My vet says he's very unusual!

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
He looks like a yellow face type 1 dominant pied
It is just the mutation i think and it doesn't maatter if the wing patterns arn't the same,, one of my birds, (dom pied) has one spot of black on his back and the other side is all yellow. It's just there markings. Alot of dom pieds or clear flights have this :) im sure

·
Registered
802 Posts
Alex! That budgie is amazingggg I love the green and blue under her mal-colored wings!

Ernie is cute and the wings....who cares! VERY CUTE!

Reactions: tweetme

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
It is common the markings to be different on each side. Ernie is a dominant pied which is not the same mutation as a clearflight pied. In the first picture Ernie looks female, the second picture is not so conclusive

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.