Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

"Evil" Chocolate Cake

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  BeckiC 
#1 ·
For all you Chocolate Lovers out there...

My friends and I call this cake "Evil" because you just can't stop yourself from wanting
"just a little MORE!!" :laughing1:

Chocolate Cherry Cake

Cake Ingredients:

•Vegetable Oil Spray to mist pan
•1 package Duncan Hines Devil's Food Cake mix
•1 can (21 ounces) Cherry pie filling
•2 large eggs
•1 teaspoon pure almond extract

Glaze Ingredients

1/3 stick butter (approximately 3 TBSP)
1/3 cup whole milk
1 cup sugar
1 package (6 ounces; 1 cup) semisweet chocolate chips

Mist 9x13 Cake Pan with vegetable spray
Place rack in center of oven.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F

Mix ingredients for cake in large mixing bowl on low speed for 1 minute.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Batter should look thick and well blended.
Pour into prepared cake pan, smoothing the top with a rubber spatula

Bake cake 30-35 minutes sides just start to pull away from the sides of the pan and cake top springs back when lightly touched with finger.

For glaze:
Place butter sugar and milk in small saucepan over medium-low heat and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil.
Boil, stirring constantly for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips. When the chips have melted and glaze is smooth, pour it over the warm cake so that it covers the entire surface. The glaze will be thick but will firm up.
Cool the cake at least 20 minutes more before cutting it into squares and serving.

Cake will store for 5 days at room temperature covered in aluminum foil, or 1 week in refrigerator.
Can be frozen, wrapped in foil, for up to 6 months. Thaw the cake overnight on the counter before serving.

See less See more
#7 ·

Probably so!! You'll have to do what I do and only make it when you know you'll have others around to help you eat it! :laughing1:

What? No rum? :p

I am definitely going to make it this weekend. I really hate to cook but I love to bake cakes and stuff like that. Instead of one big cake can I split it into two?
I'm with you -- I love to bake but cooking :nono:

Yes, you can easily split it into two cake pans and freeze one for later use if you wish. :)

Deb, you are the Julia Child of Talk Budgies :D
:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.