Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my mom's best friends has a pair of lovebirds who I hear constantly about. I think he's had them for a few years, and he's rather knowledgable about them, and I love hearing about their antics. Apparently the female laid eggs and the first one hatched yesterday! I don't have any pictures, I'm afraid. I hope I can go visit the chick(s) when they're older!

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
That is exciting...if you go see them, you must take pic's Kassy...:)

Reactions: FaeryBee

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Oh sweet....which one is gonna be your's.....:D

·
Servant of The King
11,866 Posts
Neither! Budgies and dogs are more than enough for me. I would love one, but not now. Perhaps in a few years I'll find one I fall in love with.
I was teasing...and very good of you to be thinking so responsibly...:)

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will love them from afar. I have to admit, they're little cuties. I've only ever seen budgie chicks and dove chicks before (there was a pair of wild doves that nested year after year at my grandmother's house).

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
They're so cute, oh how I miss those newly hatched fluffy pinkies!! :)
By the way, you can tell your mother's friend in case he doesn't know that those chicks will be green series birds. I see their baby plumage is orange and that means green series.
If the baby plumage were white they'd be white based, blue series babies.

I'd also love to see a pic of the parents to see what kind of lovebird species they are. If they are of the eyering species, Fischer's or Black Masked lovebirds, then the chicks will have red beaks as well.

·
Member of the Month March 2015
1,832 Posts
Wow, I have to admit that they are really cute little chicks. I love their soft down! Thanks for sharing :)

Reactions: FaeryBee

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They sure are pretty! I'm pretty sure the one on the right is the mother because he said the mother has purplish rump feathers, and the one on the left looks more blue and green rump feathers.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why of course Peachy is still the cutest! I'd be very surprised if he keeps all of the lovebirds, though. It would bring him up to a total of seven. Eek! I would think seven of any type of pet would be a bit much. I hope he can find good homes for them.

·
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
21,707 Posts
Well, I currently have 6 lovebirds and 8 budgies...:behindsofa: and I never say no to a stray pet bird in need of a home.
Then again I have always had multiple birds of different species, so it's not overwhelming to me. ;)

He has at least two months to find potential good owners for the chicks if he decides not to keep them all.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If I had my way and money, space, and time was perfect, I would be getting one of the little cuties in a couple months. But my house is getting a bit crowded with two special needs dogs and two feisty budgies, plus three people. I probably will have a mix of different bird species in the future, though!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I would like to, also. Hopefully when the babies are a little older I can visit them. I've never seen lovebirds in person. The only pet birds I've had contact with are cockatiels, other than my budgies.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.