Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

When I was searching for a good female to my ino male, my eyes stopped on a rare budgie color:eek:

I have immeadiatly took him with me home, as he was the only one with this mutation

here are some pictures

I think he is a male, yet not sure is he a fallow or a lacewing?:budgie:

·
Human Jungle-gym
3,270 Posts
I would say that since it has a clear body, it's a Lacewing, but to be sure, someone more experienced will tell you.

Beautiful bird though! :) I can't believe I found a DEC at a store. The things they over look :rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

we have 1 lacewing, and 2 saying fallow

I myself thinks he is a lacewing with strong colors, maybe he has a dark factor?

breeding him is the best option to confirm, what do you suggest to breed him with?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On my screen, he doesn't appear to have any coloring, other than his brown markings. Does he have color in person?
He has a grey color, which is a little bit strong towards the end of the body and the tail

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
I'm not an expert but I think Fallow. Lacewings cheek patches are suppose to be a light purple and his look light grey. Plus I can see some body color.

·
Registered
870 Posts
What an odd little fellow! I would breed him to see what his chicks looked like...just for confirmation. I also do not think he is a lacewing, though I am NOT an expert of fallows.

·
Member of the Month January 2009
3,676 Posts
He is an opaline lacewing. You are very lucky to find one as well marked as this bird. Lacewings can have colour suffusion the same as many albinos do. He probably has a grey factor

·
Registered
66 Posts
If the cheek patches are pale violet it's a lacewing. If the body color is gradually diluted and is most visible on the rump it's a fallow. It looks more like a lacewing to me. Definitely interesting. Maybe it's even a grey factor too? :eek:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for confirming the mutation, highly appreciated

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.